How to hook car subwoofer to yamaha receiver

The car amps are typically underpowered unless class D for a sub . THe amp that you have V12 model might be underpowered . Rather go to delhi market get a proper sub woofer amp . It will be as cheap or at the max a little more costlier than an smps
A subwoofer amp for 2500 bucks? That's not possible AFAIK.
On the other hand car amps in my opinion are usually more powerful than home amps. Even the likes of the v12 (that I use) are capable of driving a 350 watts rms polk sub with ease at just one third gain (my current setup in home theater). Though I agree with you these are class D.

The car amps are typically underpowered unless class D for a sub . THe amp that you have V12 model might be underpowered . Rather go to delhi market get a proper sub woofer amp . It will be as cheap or at the max a little more costlier than an smps
Which market in delhi? Also what r proper sub amps

On the other hand car amps in my opinion are usually more powerful than home amps. Even the likes of the v12 (that I use) are capable of driving a 350 watts rms polk sub with ease at just one third gain (my current setup in home theater). Though I agree with you these are class D.
And how is the performance bro? How are u powering the amp?

The question regarding PC SMPS, yes they can used to power a sub.
There is small mod that you have to do to switch on the SMPS as you power it up, ideally it is not powered on until two pins are shorted.
They act a trigger to switch on the SMPS.
I use it merely for testing car audio amplifiers or 12v equipment at my home.

As @Kannan suggested you could also use a 220v to 12v converter for the same.

The car sub woofers are 4 ohms . the amps are 4 ohms . A 350 W amp at 2 ohms and their distortion levels at full output are very high . Most car amplifiers are advertised for sub channels on 2 ohm rating power delivery . A 100 W 8 ohm capable class A/B amp can easily beat a 350w car amp . This is my typical observation .

Since only 1 channel is needed and the AVR has the pre out for sub woofer .. all that is needed is an amp and power supply and enclosure . Amps to consider would be a stk 4050 if the sub woofer is dual voice coil or if the sub woofer is single voice coil a mosfet or a bipolar amp will also work.

There are a few amplifier modules avaliable online , but if bought in delhi market they should be much cheaper and someone there might put everything for you in one box .

https://www.eightaudio.in/collections/amplifier-modules
https://www.amazon.in/power-track-W...d=1543148549&sr=8-10&keywords=Amplifier+Board
https://www.amazon.in/Bassoon-BBMM-...MIjoGj5sPv3gIVUhSPCh2ztQeOEAYYASABEgIK6vD_BwE

Which market in delhi? Also what r proper sub amps
When I used to work in Delhi I used to frequent a market opposite to the Red fort . Forgot the name of the place . Probably now the market is selling more of cellphone accessories and cell phone parts than electronics . At least in chennai that is the situation .

By proper sub amps I meant an amplifier with its own power supply wired in a single box so that one does not have to use an SMPS to convert 230v ac to 12 V dc and then feed it into the amplifier which again converts it from 12 v dc to probably 18-0-18 AC pr higher .

The car sub woofers are 4 ohms . the amps are 4 ohms . A 350 W amp at 2 ohms and their distortion levels at full output are very high . Most car amplifiers are advertised for sub channels on 2 ohm rating power delivery . A 100 W 8 ohm capable class A/B amp can easily beat a 350w car amp . This is my typical observation .
Since I have not experienced any 8 ohm sub and amp combo I can't comment on that.
But yes I have compared a/b amp with class D amp and haven't found a lot of difference. Though the amps were budget amps only and nothing hifi.
I'll be happy to try something that offers good sq while not losing VFM and would happily shift to it if possible.
Since only 1 channel is needed and the AVR has the pre out for sub woofer .. all that is needed is an amp and power supply and enclosure . Amps to consider would be a stk 4050 if the sub woofer is dual voice coil or if the sub woofer is single voice coil a mosfet or a bipolar amp will also work.

There are a few amplifier modules avaliable online , but if bought in delhi market they should be much cheaper and someone there might put everything for you in one box .

https://www.eightaudio.in/collections/amplifier-modules
https://www.amazon.in/power-track-W...d=1543148549&sr=8-10&keywords=Amplifier+Board
https://www.amazon.in/Bassoon-BBMM-...MIjoGj5sPv3gIVUhSPCh2ztQeOEAYYASABEgIK6vD_BwE
The amps you have pointed out have no transformer. And as to my knowledge you will still need some kind of transformer or power supply to power these amplifiers. So why not use something lying around if you anyways have to buy a power supply.

Since I have not experienced any 8 ohm sub and amp combo I can't comment on that.
But yes I have compared a/b amp with class D amp and haven't found a lot of difference. Though the amps were budget amps only and nothing hifi.
I'll be happy to try something that offers good sq while not losing VFM and would happily shift to it if possible.

The amps you have pointed out have no transformer. And as to my knowledge you will still need some kind of transformer or power supply to power these amplifiers. So why not use something lying around if you anyways have to buy a power supply.

Yes , that is what I have mentioned . An amp board , power supply and enclosure . I got a custom made 55-0-55v transformer 5 amps for about Rs 1000 , so a power supply for a transformer with caps and rectification should not cost more than Rs.1000 . Enclosures start from around Rs 150 for a metal box .

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back