How to hook the Marantz PM6003 to a graphic equalizer

Frank Borg

Hi all, I'm new here so not sure how to use this! I decided to revive my hifi system which I haven't used since I moved house 14 years ago. So I replaced my faulty Kenwood KA30 amplifier with a Marantz PM6003. Now I'm finding it difficult to hook it up with my Fisher EQ-550 equalizer which was part of the system. I know it used to be hooked up with the cassette deck and the equalizer was active with every unit within the hifi, that is the cassette, turn table and cd player before, the sound it used to produce was sheer magic, but I just can't figure how it was. I am attaching a diagram showing the back panels of the cassette deck, equalizer and amplifier. Please somebody help me as I'm considering binning down everything and give up!

Attachments

• HIFI SETUP.jpg
    HIFI SETUP.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 74
Hi

All sources used to work on the old system as the EQ was hooked up using Pre Out and Main IN.

I don't think the Marantz has PRE OUT and MAIN IN coupler.....this is only available in select larger models and in certain brands....

The only thing you can do now is connect the CD / Tape player to EQ in and from EQ out put RCA wires to the CD source of the AMP.

Thanks for the Yamaha manual, I guess it's exactly the same as the Fisher EQ550. Tried this set up, doesn't work. The equalizer used to have a great effect when it used to be hooked up with the Kenwood KA30, which packed in years ago with faulty selectors. I am suspecting now that the Marantz PM6003 does not take an equalizer.

Hi

All sources used to work on the old system as the EQ was hooked up using Pre Out and Main IN.

I don't think the Marantz has PRE OUT and MAIN IN coupler.....this is only available in select larger models and in certain brands....

The only thing you can do now is connect the CD / Tape player to EQ in and from EQ out put RCA wires to the CD source of the AMP.
Thanks for that, tried it, does work but for some reason the sound is not coming out refined as it should be, in fact I think there is distortion and some humming coming out as well using that set up.

You might have to get the equalizer serviced. What speakers are you using by the way?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back