How to import audio equipments

thakre

Hello friends

I would like to request everybody's opinion and personal experience in importing audio-visual equipment from US,UK etc.

Most of audio pieces are available there at half the indian price as i checked prices of Onkyo,B&W etc in US and on ebay.com.

If we buy online how much custom duty we have to pay(or somebody has actually paid).

Are there any dealer in Mumbai/Pune/Metros that import and give the equipment in near dollar prices.

thanks in advance.

Hello friends

I would like to request everybody's opinion and personal experience in importing audio-visual equipment from US,UK etc.

Most of audio pieces are available there at half the indian price as i checked prices of Onkyo,B&W etc in US and on ebay.com.

If we buy online how much custom duty we have to pay(or somebody has actually paid).

Are there any dealer in Mumbai/Pune/Metros that import and give the equipment in near dollar prices.

thanks in advance.

imo you're better of paying a little bit more and getting the warranty etc from an indian dealer than importing, paying customs / freight (which would make it nearly the same cost in india). and taking the risk of damages and hassles of clearing. unless youre travelling with the amp or book shelf speakers and you get away with freight and customs

I agree. Importing stuff from abroad does not make sense because shipping them to India is frightfully expensive and you will end up paying the same amount as the Indian dealer. However it is better to combine it with a holiday in Singapore or Dubai and carry the stuff back with you. It holds good for amps, cdps and bookshelf speakers.....So for the same price you get your equipment minus the warranty and also a holiday abroad :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back