How to play Apple Music on Streamer

Sorry, I should have mentioned before that apple airplay works only with Apple devices. I believe Android cannot stream via airplay.
It's installed on my Android but the Playfi device doesn't show up in the Apple interface.
On android, airplay is a google cast trojan. I'm able to stream apple music multiple ways. Here Panasonc TV is google chromecast and Xonar Essence is Google chromecast audio device connected to my xonar essence dac. Apart from below three, I'm able to stream apple music (via airplay) to all my raspberrypi, bananapi streamers, airport express, apple tv devices. Even though the quality of apple music (via these methods) is not as good as spotify premium, it just works. My gut feel is that you should be able to stream apple music to Paradigm with some R&D :eek: at your end. Maybe just put your Army Capt hat and treat this as Indo-China war.

What is strange here is that since Paradigm supports Google Chromecast (see screenshot by @ajuvignesh) in post #7, it should have shown on android apple music player. Is it possible that Paradigm added Google cast feature later and you haven't updated your Paradigm firmware?

AJFCJaVbWjmAJRhHzWl6ZYm9SlDypnJwVzuMjt0ebf27unMrhOcK6bcC6upHSTJymEasM6QFjCaL2HBtbRo-yd1KE5YZItrEZbcnTGiEHtjaf97UKT3gAw9tgXnmoGO7eJ1Vh9YnFbKAC7PZp5R2hMz7nzPrvovQgX0yMcPQDI3xXd2sIPaYFXktlvYmnPRC76Dw8SOedeqEe51_fwGkgSpbYX1Pg6Vc-bDX1v63jyggRMsNrkWL6xbv7b30ABOA-b1JgIa0qgpKcFMFdBk1rzmZ8gSNAFHVzhssLQLcSYdp-yCzzI8XOWK9fhKEKE59mFu83OZcyaoZaec3aZVRfwI11A7WRMNeRRDzAbcuBawfajYdmGeATmw6cfiebo_mzNdfu5nSFnnFPuVnviE20HvLjVcNlOBHTvnYIBwjclZFAmQtjlGGneIQsfuSerx7YnhinG76KO-B4_HFpA4guJFhKV1bJYLY6JErEHJm5debKg6sHhKrcJZ5dYIlF4wI1SFZJFFlvwB1Q8tW2Dc0wrTRGxpJe9777HF8GzEYVjvHuG3stgUmPBQRi7mshNG0M-g4Hluz1Sr_mRqxDVCXwn7H9P7xybc3lcqA_InocgjzZ2ma6NxeWR08dudaygukD9y56FqYoqDd0jAlHiMhSYab2aN56NfYjoFtkKbJt4acxs3MI1NVfXPJ0g4O-doomUkOrJEFmI6C3Hg1-WV_ERSBZnUNxMUkaBbetSIxF5V3KcHhVi4q72xdc7F8QNdsNF7ohBncV2BvNFkD6BbVne7K-Xmc7dITksmpzyX76TEWsrkiZZsQBkUQ6reZstfOUnEFJIhYheJKQSAgnMdQx2cfqbP4cDeMEIy6wlsizNftSLmq3WZ0urkNlZEkV04-4h6rEXlVoVXDiL7irX6Uv6HbkA=w930-h1654-s-no

Last edited:
I checked the manual of the streamer and it doesn't have 'airplay' mentioned anywhere. Guess, it is not supported.
@mbhangui that was a screenshot of list of features in dts play-fi. Not sure if captain's streamer supports chromecast Or airplay.

Ps: if anyone need qobuz access, please DM me. :)

I am listening to music through audio streaming using Tidal & Spotify. My chain is: Paradigm Streamer -> Nuprime STA7 Power Amp -> Tangent Audio Speakers.

I do not have apple device but have Apple Music account which I want to use in place of Tidal using the existing setup if possible. If not, I'm prepared to buy an Apple Device too.
Get an android device probably as apple device can only stream at 16 bit over airplay afaik.

I use my old lgv40 which has its own internal hires dac and I am loving the apple music streams coming out of it.

Sorry for late reply folks! I was touring and had no access to my system.
On android, airplay is a google cast trojan. I'm able to stream apple music multiple ways. Here Panasonc TV is google chromecast and Xonar Essence is Google chromecast audio device connected to my xonar essence dac. Apart from below three, I'm able to stream apple music (via airplay) to all my raspberrypi, bananapi streamers, airport express, apple tv devices. Even though the quality of apple music (via these methods) is not as good as spotify premium, it just works. My gut feel is that you should be able to stream apple music to Paradigm with some R&D :eek: at your end. Maybe just put your Army Capt hat and treat this as Indo-China war.
Paradigm Streamer doesn't support Airplay & Chromecast. So no luck there.
What is strange here is that since Paradigm supports Google Chromecast (see screenshot by @ajuvignesh) in post #7, it should have shown on android apple music player.
FM @ajuvignesh clarified that I guess.
Is it possible that Paradigm added Google cast feature later and you haven't updated your Paradigm firmware?
AFAIK, there's no provision to update Paradigm's firmware manually. It automatically gets updated when connected to the net.
Get an android device probably as apple device can only stream at 16 bit over airplay afaik. I use my old lgv40 which has its own internal hires dac and I am loving the apple music streams coming out of it.
Didn't get you. Are you suggesting that I connect the Android phone audio out to the Paradigm? Not sure what would be the SQ but will try that.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back