how to play iso files of 40 gb on WD Hd media player

umeshdhingra

I have a WD HD media player ( gen 1) and am not able to play blu ray rips of 40 gb size , specially those which have DTS audio.

Will I need to buy a gen 2 WD HD media player to play these files.

Thanks in advance for the replies/info.

What Happens, Is the Player not able to handle Video Bit rate.

How are you storing your files, On a USB HDD or streaming from PC.

Streaming from PC wont work for such a High Bit-rate file, Check if USB is also able to be read at that Rate, Older drives can cause issues..

Hi Jatin,
thx for the queries,I hv the 40 gb files on a usb ext HD of western digital.
However a file of 27 gb iso rip of When we left NASA series which is ripped in Dolby surround plays very well.It is only when I play the Blu Ray rips which have DTS surround that i can see the video but abdolutely no audio.
To add further ,when I played a Yanni dvd ripped in DTS surround,thete wete no issurs either with video or audio.
Hoping I hv explained the queries very well.

when you ripped did you checked Compressed mkv header option, this si known to cause issues. other than that the file should play fine. try converting it to m2ts via tsmuxer. unplayable files are known to play when converted to m2ts

I have a gen1 WDTV player and it struggles while playing 25-30 gig Bluray Rips as the video stutters , I don't think the issue is there in GEN2 but still sad .... :(

when you ripped did you checked Compressed mkv header option, this si known to cause issues. other than that the file should play fine. try converting it to m2ts via tsmuxer. unplayable files are known to play when converted to m2ts

Let me try today , converting the files to m2ts and will post my feedback .

Thanks

I was able to convert the 40 gb iso files to mkv,and then those mkv files played very well on WD hd media player.
So issue solved ,
Thanks

Actually I am unable to compare the quality , as the original iso files I was unable to play thru the WD HD player, but , yes, there is a possibility of the quality diminishing , thanks !

Did you still get lossless DTS HD Audio from the new MKV?

As Jatin mentioned, the mkv sometimes creates a problem.
I have 8 GB MKV rip (dont rememeber audip format but its HD for sure, video is full HD 1080p), of Stomp Live! but when i play it on my PlayON HD, video doesn't stutter, but I am not able to skip the filed more than 1.5x times the speed.

However, I have 30GB BRRips in M2TS format with HD Audio and my POHD doest fight hard to play the movies.. I mean sometimes it plays them smoothly, although pause and play are delayed. Sometimes the player hangs, and its just not able to play the movie...

This is with the same movie itself... I wonder if the problem is with the HD. The HDD is in the internal SLOT of the POHD itself...

Any light here?

I got my new WD TV Live media player , and ,walah ! it plays true Dolby HD and DTS surround absolutely perfectly.
Watching Sparcatus series ( in Dolby true HD) which I have a BD rip in iso format.
No need now to convert mkv or any other format.
Plus I now also get the 1080 video display , for which my next item is a plasma 50 inch tv which is fully HD.
Thanks to all who contributed out here

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back