How to track EMS package from Hong Kong?

anm

I have ordered a DAC from hong kong. This site says my packet has left for destination - which is Noida, India - Hongkong Post - Mail Tracking

However, the link given there for Indian web site doesn't work - damn! Wasn't that expected of our government systems!!!
So I am left without a way to track the packet. I tried all track link on speedpost site but it has no information for my tracking number. I tried the numbers listed on the site - if they are landlines, no one picks them up, and there was one cell number. Isn't it obvious it will be switched off? I picked up email addresses from there and sent mail to 5 different address - isn't it obvious that no one would bother to respond? It has left HK on 17th Aug and there is no sign of the package. I am sure it would take another month of so for the Indian govt employees to clear it - if they ever do it.

Well, does anyone has any idea how to track this packet? Is there any thing I can do to wake up the sleeping postal department of India?

regards

In India it is tough to find the status unless its by private courier who will let you check the status online.

You could try contacting the seller and check with them if they can provide any additional info.

This is always the problem if you get stuff by EMS,USPS or any postal service tied to the Indian Postal service. There is no tracking within the country. Typically it can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks to 2 months till you get a notification. Since you are in Delhi its likely to be on the shorter side in terms of a wait. Contact your post office and find out the number for the customs wing of the postal service in your area and call them. They will in turn give you a local tracking number which they will always refer to. Till you get a notification from the Indian post you have no way to get any idea of timeline.
cheers
sridhar

I had ordered Blu Rays on 27th July from Amazon UK, but received them only today. It can take upto a month sometimes. Have patience. I understand the frustration, been there.

Well, does anyone has any idea how to track this packet? Is there any thing I can do to wake up the sleeping postal department of India?

regards

Very sad but true...be glad you have used the registered option as I have lost stuff when not registered.

I am sure you wil get it..when is the question :(.

Do keep us posted

You will get in 10 days Max !! You can track in their website only...why India's website ?? Even if the website is able to show the tracking data, it will be will be always be slow. You can still get to see the tracking data long after you receive the package !!

in hong kong post site - the link I have posted. It says the packet has left HK for its destination. Fruther tracking to be done on country specific site. But the link for Indian post is broken there.

regards

You will get in 10 days Max !! You can track in their website only...why India's website ?? Even if the website is able to show the tracking data, it will be will be always be slow. You can still get to see the tracking data long after you receive the package !!

bro the ems tracking option on the indiapost website does not work - meaning there is no trackign in India.

Recently I ordered/received 3 pieces from HK

1. Beta Brainwavz + E5 amp - dispatched on 7th August, received on 17th August
2. FM transmitter - dispatched don 13th July, received 28th July
3. MiniWatt Tube amp - dispatched 2nd July, received August 2nd week.

The trackign works till India customs - after that zilch. Wait for your stuff and pray that the stuff does not get broken, stolen etc. India post and the customs are notorious for mishandling stuff

time to find out my networking reach into customs department. BTW, are you guys using any professional networking site? I work for one.

in hong kong post site - the link I have posted. It says the packet has left HK for its destination. Fruther tracking to be done on country specific site. But the link for Indian post is broken there.

regards

Tracking within India is also done by the Hong Kong Post !! Ironically it is not done by India Post :lol:

btw, are you buying the Lampucera(modded) DAC board or the plain DAC board in Ebay ??

plain dac from Lawrence + 2 pieces of usb->spdif converters for $130 including shipping by hk post/ ems.

regards

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back