How to use AVR bought in Japan in India

johnsnow

Hi

I bought a Yamaha RXV-581 while on an office trip to Japan recently. I was aware of the voltage difference but thought it was 110V (same as that of US).
But after coming back to India saw the backpanel and it reads 100V. Now the problem is that I am not able to find any 220V-100V step down transformer.
I would like to know if it is possible to use the AVR in India somehow.

PS: I found a very old thread in hifivision regarding the same issue, but it was not clear whether the OP was able to solve the problem.

Thanks

step down transformers are available. You will have to enquire. I had purchased one way back in 2000 when i got my first yamaha avr frm US.

Hi

I bought a Yamaha RXV-581 while on an office trip to Japan recently. I was aware of the voltage difference but thought it was 110V (same as that of US).
But after coming back to India saw the backpanel and it reads 100V. Now the problem is that I am not able to find any 220V-100V step down transformer.
I would like to know if it is possible to use the AVR in India somehow.

PS: I found a very old thread in hifivision regarding the same issue, but it was not clear whether the OP was able to solve the problem.

Thanks

Another option is you can speak to Yamaha Service Center guys to replace power supply unit of the receiver from 100v to 220v.

Thanks,
Sujit

Bought a National FM Radiocassette from Japan 1975, besides the voltage the FM spectrum was not compatable.

I have a technics turntable from Japan that runs on 100v.

Speak to mr shah from shah electronics chennai. His products are called Maxine. He will ship to u anywhere. Been using it for a year with no issues. Excellent quality. Just google shah electronics / Maxine. Problem solved. He will make it for you for your specifications. No issues at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Technics TT SL-BD20D from USA, 110v I got the transformer rewound for 240V to 10V works perfectly

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back