How to use Pre-Outs?

terrible

Now that I have McIntosh AV processor and amplifier, my Cambridge Audio CXR200 lies without use. This would definitely shorten its life span. And I don't know in this world of Dolby Atmos and other bells and whistles, who would want the CXR, though this is highly invested in sound quality. To avoid redundancy, I hooked up the CXR200 preouts with the analogue input of Boulder 866. The HDMI cable from my Tata Sky goes into the CXR as does the HDMI arc from the LG OLED to the CXR200 HDMI arc connection. I do get visuals but there is absolutely no sound. Can anyone point out how I could get sound from the speakers in this setup?

Check have you told the Cambridge that you are using the pre outs.
Re-run the calibration and at somepoint it will ask if you are using power amp.

One more thing to check is if Boulder has a power amp mode only, if it has than it has to be enabled.

Thank you for your response. So I checked into CXR setup and chose the source to which the Tata Sky is connected (in this case it's Source 1), there's no choice of pre-outs.

No Boulder does not have a power amp mode.

Thank you for your response. So I checked into CXR setup and chose the source to which the Tata Sky is connected (in this case it's Source 1), there's no choice of pre-outs.

No Boulder does not have a power amp mode.

No, the choice will be preset at audio setup.
Youu need to do the speaker setup again on CXR.
Try running the auto setup or audio setup.

No, the choice will be preset at audio setup.
Youu need to do the speaker setup again on CXR.
Try running the auto setup or audio setup.
In setup, for audio, there's Input Setup=>Audio Input= (There are various inputs including HDMI, which is what I have selected. There's also the option of none.) Then there's HDMI Output Setup => HDMI Arc=> Enabled. Tried disabling but then too no sound. I ran the auto speaker setup with an Audessy mike, it shows an error as there are no speakers for it to recognise.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back