how to video upscale to 1080?

[email protected]

Hi,

I have a 32inch 1080 LCD. The Tata Sky transmission is normal tranmission. How can upscale Tata Sky signal to 1080 so that the images do not seem to much stretched on TV>

Is there a way to convert stereo to 5.1? Does a HT amp provide this facility by default?

Thanks
-Pratik

Last edited:
I have a 32inch 1080 LCD. The Tata Sky transmission is normal tranmission. How can upscale Tata Sky signal to 1080 so that the images do not seem to much stretched on TV>

Pratik, as I have explained in your other thread, you need an AVR or an external upscaler that has component inputs, HDMI outputs, and a 1080p upscaling engine.

What do you mean stretched? Are you referring to the blank area on the top and bottom of the screen? If so this is called 16:9 aspect ratio, and a upscaler cannot do anything about it. This is the way a wide screen cinema is displayed on TV.

If the picture looks artificially stretched, then your TV settings need to be corrected, and again, this has nothing to do with the upscaler.

If you tell us your TV brand and model number, what exactly you mean by stretched, may be we can help you more.

Is there a way to convert stereo to 5.1? Does a HT amp provide this facility by default?

Again, as I have explained in your other thread, this is not possible, and would actually create a distorted output.

Cheers

This is a really, really old thread you are referring to.

Yes,I know,but instead of starting new thread,I prefered to add info not only for 1st person ,but to others who are looking for similar product...

Ideally one should use the search option to read through already created threads and posts, and update those if they need any further info rather than creating new threads

Gotcha.

The alibaba one looks the most promising in terms of input options supported. Maybe a good idea is to check the images once upscaled and getting snapshots of the same dont know if they would give the same.

The only worry with scalers would be its hard to know the quality unless one has seen it or its using a well known chip (but that too is not a guarantee).

So, if the price is fine, take a gamble but just check if the inputs match the kind that you would ideally want.

What do you mean stretched? Are you referring to the blank area on the top and bottom of the screen? If so this is called 16:9 aspect ratio, and a upscaler cannot do anything about it. This is the way a wide screen cinema is displayed on TV.

Cheers

hi I was just wondering whether it would be possible to make the DVDs to be shown on the full screen rather than with the black bars. I am worried about is the picture size. Any idea if there is any kind of resizer available in the market that will fill up the whole screen. Like I remember that in our young days we used to get a caption before the start of the film that the picture has been reformatted to fit your TV screen and there was no evidence of any stretching.

hi I was just wondering whether it would be possible to make the DVDs to be shown on the full screen rather than with the black bars. I am worried about is the picture size. Any idea if there is any kind of resizer available in the market that will fill up the whole screen. Like I remember that in our young days we used to get a caption before the start of the film that the picture has been reformatted to fit your TV screen and there was no evidence of any stretching.

All current HDTV have in built resizer which can zoom DVDs or adjust to the screen size.Do you really need other than that?

Back