HP DV9507 Laptop with Vista Home Premium -How can I make the DVD Drive region free

RahulH

Any ideas on how I can make the DVD drive region free.
I just tried to play my legal "Dark Knight" DVD purchased from Crosswords / Planet M (Cant remember which) and was prompted to change the region settings.
Its ridiculous that I cannot watch movies purchased in India on my Indian laptop.

Suggestions would help.

Rgds,
RahulH

Re: HP DV9507 Laptop with Vista Home Premium -How can I make the DVD Drive region fre

10 Bis this bought in india?
2) is it under warentee?// Hp hounours international warwentee ( laest 6-7 months back)

Re: HP DV9507 Laptop with Vista Home Premium -How can I make the DVD Drive region fre

Well I have the same issue with my HP desktop and HP laptop both purchased from india. Unfortunately there are no solution to this problem. It is not a hardware issue it is windows vista (home premium and home basic) that is causing the problem. So much so I have put another dvd rom to my desktop to overcome this issue but it was assigned a region code by windows vista. I guess only possible solution to this problem is use a external dvd drive with the laptop. Or from some other readable source convert the dvd to iso image file using softwares like dvd shrink and then watch the image file in laptop using softwares like vlc media player.
Thanks,
Mahi.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back