HSU Research ??

Sujit

Anyone here who has used the HSU Research subs or speakers? Any comments please?

Any dealers in India?

No dealers in India best bet is singapore otherwise u.s.
Have a look at mine in my signature. I love mine deep, low bass in u-571 :D

No dealers in India best bet is singapore otherwise u.s.
Have a look at mine in my signature. I love mine deep, low bass in u-571 :D

Sir - where can one find your signature!?:)

Which model do you have - where did you pick it up from and how much did it cost you?

I am wondering how their HT package is.

Sorry i think the mods disabled signatures. Here's the link :-
satish536 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The model is VTF-3/MK3 with turbo. Digs down to an honest 16hz. Lets say i paid $900 + customs and shipping. I got mine shipped to someones house in the u.s and then got it shipped here.

Ive read great reviews about their ht packages if your looking for speakers that size. The trick is their subwoofer are able to handle upto 200hz with a flat frequency response. So their speakers gel well with the sub driver in and around the crossover point.

Last edited:
Will it cost me the same if I get it down directly? Or is there a cheaper option as well? I have a lot of friends in the US I could get it shipped to - but what next - as in is there a cheaper option for the next leg to India?

EDIT: I went thru your link - what bi-polars have you used?

Last edited:
Will it cost me the same if I get it down directly? Or is there a cheaper option as well? I have a lot of friends in the US I could get it shipped to - but what next - as in is there a cheaper option for the next leg to India?

EDIT: I went thru your link - what bi-polars have you used?

Directly would be really difficult considering a subwoofer is huge and heavy. I got it shipped to an aunt's house in the u.s then got it here.

You will end up paying shipping + custom duty depending on your luck.
You can try under invoicing. Inspite of all this i couldn't find a subwoofer in India that would give this level of performance at a budget price level.
If you can afford it look at the ULS - 15 .....

All my speakers are RBH Sound.
The bi-polars are RBH MC-44C.
RBH Sound - Manufacturer of High Quality Loudspeaker Systems.

Do you know how much did SVS charge to get it shipped to India , and appxmiately how much did u have to pay for customs.? Im in the US now and I would like to ship the HSU to chennai...
Your response would really be appreciated..

tks..!

Dr. Hsu is a very respected name in sub offerings. I believe Venkat has a HSU sub. They are excellent and compare with the best for VFM. The biggest gripe I have about them is shipping as its way too expensive to get them. Its a close call between SVS and HSU subs for quality. Pricing is slightly off but nevertheless excellent buys either way

I understand it is the VTF3, cost and other details i'll wait for venkat to set out. Madhurshankar on these forums has an STF2 as well. In a small bout of upgraditis I am toying with the idea of an STF1 :p

Venkat -

Which Hsu subwoofer model have you got? Could you please also let us know how did you get yours and the cost?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

yes I have a VTF3. I picked it up personally from Singapore. If I remember right I paid US$500 for it. I brought it along with me on a flight from Singapore. I had some help in Customs, and managed to get away paying just 2000/-.

Audire has taken up agency for Hsu Research in India. All their products must be available from them.

Cheers

yes I have a VTF3. I picked it up personally from Singapore. If I remember right I paid US$500 for it. I brought it along with me on a flight from Singapore. I had some help in Customs, and managed to get away paying just 2000/-.

Audire has taken up agency for Hsu Research in India. All their products must be available from them.

Cheers

Thanks Venkat. Is it Singapore dollars or USD? Even if its USD it must be around Rs 25K :eek:. You must be lucky to own a Hsu VTF3 in India for that price. Is it MK2 or MK3 or Ho?

Audire - Where do they locate and how do I contact? I just checked AUDIRE and it says coming soon. Any leads? Also, any idea about SVS availability in India?

Regards,

US Dollars, and it is MK2. This was a long time ago and they have consistenly raised their prices.

Sandeep Nair of Audire is a member here. Send him a PM.

Cheers

Last edited:
US Dollars, and it is MK2. This was a long time ago and they have consistenly raised their prices.

Sandeep Mohan of Audire is a member here. Send him a PM.

Cheers

Thanks Venkat. I just checked other threads related to Audire and found that its Sandeep Nair is representing Audire. Let me check with him.

Regards,

Last edited:

Sandeep Nair of Audire is a member here. Send him a PM.

Cheers

No response from Sandeep for my PM and website is also not up yet. Is there any other way to reach him?

By any chance, Any of our forum member have his contacts?

Regards,

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back