HSU STF-2 amp screwed up

Mr. George,

I requested amp circuit diagram to HSU support team and got the following response

Hi Madhur,

Unfortunately we aren't authorized to distribute the schematic for our
amplifiers, so the best bet would be to buy a replacement amp.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Ryan
The Hsu Research Team
985 N. Shepard Street
Anaheim, CA 92806
USA

HSU support team sucks.

-Madhur

This is a shame! They talk about providing support to an affected customer as if it were a charitable act they have a right to refuse?

For sure I will never recommend a HSU product to anybody ever in my life!!

--G0bble

The best answer to their service would be to reverse engineer their schematic and post it online or better still do a DIY group buy of the same design.

Before making a blanket condemnation, do understand that there are IP issues involved. Not only Hsu but many other companies may be reluctant to part with schematics. Labour costs in the US are about 10-15X ours so they are probably understaffed with respect to tech support.

What they might have done was, say, to either offer a replacement at a big discount or offer you some basic trouble shooting steps to try and diagnose the problem.

I got lucky with a valve amp that had a problem recently-Anthem sent me a schematic. That might have partly due to the fact that it was an out of production model.

Guys,

Thanks for all your inputs. My amp got fixed. Seems to be some problem in power unit, My sub is now up and running:yahoo:. I'm happy in spite of expensive service charge of Rs.2450 (1500 labour + 950 for components). Thanks to power electronics.

Thanks,
Madhur

This is a shame! They talk about providing support to an affected customer as if it were a charitable act they have a right to refuse?

For sure I will never recommend a HSU product to anybody ever in my life!!

--G0bble

My My! That is a strong statement/judgement.
Why should a company part with its circuit diagrams and other proprietary details when they are willing to repair the system as per normal process.
What other company would be recommended then (i.e. which other company would share the circuit diagrams and then also share the proporietary components at nominal cost etc.)?
We know fully well that when we import the equipment and the service centers do not exist in India the risk is ours unless we have means to send the equipment back for repairs. This is entirely fair as the price we pay originally is the same as the people in US would pay and they would also get it serviced the same way (only the logistics would be cheaper for them).

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back