HT 5.1 @ 3L for Speakers/Sub

thedude

Hello!

I’m helping a friend build a 5.1 for his farm house. Budget is max 10L for everything. But for speakers it’s max ₹3L.

Please make suggestions for 5.0, projector, AVR and sub.

For now leaning towards the below:
Sub - SVS
Projector - Sony
AVR - Denon 3xxx/4xxx
Speakers - Q Acoustics/Klipsch/Wharfdale/Elac
Cables - Amazon Basics :D

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

I’m helping a friend build a 5.1 for his farm house. Budget is max 10L for everything. But for speakers it’s max ₹3L.

Please make suggestions for 5.0, projector, AVR and sub.

For now leaning towards the below:
Sub - SVS
Projector - Sony
AVR - Denon 3xxx/4xxx

Thanks in advance!
my suggestion would be go Denon 3700 & add 3 ch power amp.
I suggest whoever is buying to go n chk what's their sound taste N then decide speaker, as its one time investment & who use shd like & njy. so better to demo, few suggestion to try N exp are below.
Budget u need to increase if u want projector would go to 4L
Sub:LVX12 rythmik-around 1.1L
Projector:Epson 9400-around 1.8-1.9L
Speaker :Indiqaudio plantinum achal/diamond achals,AQ concept 40,triangle BR08,Arendal series,SVS , dynavoice ,Klipsch reference series-80-1.1L range
Cable: dont compromise in cable its very imp to send signal bet AVR & Speakers use Belden 8477 or canare cables or DAC or profigold..160-180 per meter depends how much u need

Speakers are a very personal thing. Each person likes a particular sound signature. Some like say shimmering highs, for some that would be too fatiguing. Some likes to feel base through their bones, some just like enough base to complete the harmonics. One thing for sure, for movie watching, speakers should never have a subdued mid-range. That kills the joy completely.

Speakers - Q Acoustics/Klipsch/Wharfdale/Elac - Nice selection already. Just go with which ever sounds best to your/owner to be's ears. In that list, Q Acoustics sounds like the most prominent candidate. Though a lot of people worldwide have Klipsch based personal theaters. Polk Audio seems to be another popular choice for entry level cinema in the US market. From your list, audition in this order - W-E-K-Q. By the time you have auditioned them all, you should have found the answer.

Cables - Amazon Basics - Scope of improvement here. Using Finolex, Kalinga, Polycab will be better than Amazon basics. IMO, start with some good but not too expensive cables such as entry level Belden/DAC. For wires look at two criteria. (a) At least 16 gauge, and (b) 99.9% or better OFC (avoid CCA wires).

my suggestion would be go Denon 3700 & add 3 ch power amp.
I suggest whoever is buying to go n chk what's their sound taste N then decide speaker, as its one time investment & who use shd like & njy. so better to demo, few suggestion to try N exp are below.
Budget u need to increase if u want projector would go to 4L
Sub:LVX12 rythmik-around 1.1L
Projector:Epson 9400-around 1.8-1.9L
Speaker :Indiqaudio plantinum achal/diamond achals,AQ concept 40,triangle BR08,Arendal series,SVS , dynavoice ,Klipsch reference series-80-1.1L range
Cable: dont compromise in cable its very imp to send signal bet AVR & Speakers use Belden 8477 or canare cables or DAC or profigold..160-180 per meter depends how much u need
Thanks Naveen for the suggestions. My friend is clueless about what he wants so the choices need not be picky. The goal is to just setup a decent HT.

Will take your suggestion for a better cable and add Klipsch ref 80 to the shortlist.

Speakers are a very personal thing. Each person likes a particular sound signature. Some like say shimmering highs, for some that would be too fatiguing. Some likes to feel base through their bones, some just like enough base to complete the harmonics. One thing for sure, for movie watching, speakers should never have a subdued mid-range. That kills the joy completely.

Speakers - Q Acoustics/Klipsch/Wharfdale/Elac - Nice selection already. Just go with which ever sounds best to your/owner to be's ears. In that list, Q Acoustics sounds like the most prominent candidate. Though a lot of people worldwide have Klipsch based personal theaters. Polk Audio seems to be another popular choice for entry level cinema in the US market. From your list, audition in this order - W-E-K-Q. By the time you have auditioned them all, you should have found the answer.

Cables - Amazon Basics - Scope of improvement here. Using Finolex, Kalinga, Polycab will be better than Amazon basics. IMO, start with some good but not too expensive cables such as entry level Belden/DAC. For wires look at two criteria. (a) At least 16 gauge, and (b) 99.9% or better OFC (avoid CCA wires).
Thank you! For now we are leaning towards Concept 40s/20s and a SVS sub. I used the 40s for almost a year and they were excellent for HT!

Yes. For cables will mostly go for Belden or Dac

Sree, you may well be aware that the chosen speakers have extremely different sound signature and it is important to understand the listening preference. Perhaps you can help narrow down the preference for your friend.

If Q acoustics is the preferred one not sure how Klipsch would come into reckoning.

Obviously don't have experience in multichannel setup, but the speakers that do good 2 channel perform well in HT.

Something akin to Q acoustics, would probably be Dali Rubicon, Kef R7, B&W 700s, Focal 936 amongst others.

Subs keep in mind Arendals, as they have excellent reviews especially for movies but unsure how keen the India dealer is to sell them.

Hello!

I’m helping a friend build a 5.1 for his farmhouse. The budget is maxed at 10L for everything. But for speakers, it’s maxed ₹3L.

Would you please make suggestions for 5.0, projector, AVR, and sub?

For now, leaning towards the below:
Sub - SVS
Projector - Sony
AVR - Denon 3xxx/4xxx

Thank you so much for your attention and participation.
How big is the HT room? The size of the room plays an integral part in the overall selection of AV equipment. Is he planning for ATMOS?

If budget is upto 10 lakh, why restrict with just 5.1 instead of 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 ? 2/4(atmos) additional speakers doesn't drive up the budget when spending so much on others, but would definitely add up to the surround sound effect.

Where is the Source coming from? Streaming apps/rips/UHD Bluray disks ? Have you factored its cost as well ? If Bluray player, spending on Oppo 20X or Panasonic Lx-XXX is worth a one time investment.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back