HT 5.1 setup- Infinity/Pioneer/Polk

revolty

Hello everyone,
I am looking forward to buy a 5.1 system (AVR + Speakers) for my room. Now, after going through a lot of posts/reviews and keeping my budget of 1.3 Lakhs in mind; I have decided on the below combinations:

AVR: Denon x2200w/Pioneer VSX1130
(Few days back, I had a demo of Mad Max (in dolby atmos format)at a nearby shop. Using the same speakers, with both the above receivers; the sound difference was like day and night. The speakers were of Polk. Denon was warm and soothing whereas Pioneer was little bright. Also, the video quality using denon was slightly better. Mostly, I will be going with the Denon AVR based upon my experience. But still, I would like to get opinion from my respected FMs)

Speaker package:
(1) Pioneer AJ speakers 5.1
(2) Infinity Primus P363 (fronts), P153 (rear), PS132 (SW), PC251 (center)
(3) Polk audio tsx series 5.1
The worst part is that there is no demo available for Pioneer & Infinity Speakers here in Mumbai. I wish if I had some relative in USA who would bought these speakers and brought along :p. The infinity primus is available for very cheap at Frys USA. Why not here?:sad: Can anyone suggest me which speaker package to buy? Where can in buy this at very economic price? I am also planning to upgrade to dolby atmos 5.1.2 after one year.

Hi

AVRs will keep changing with new gimmicks and so given that not much content is available, it would be better to settle for a 5.1 or 7.1 AVR for now...which you can change later....depending on available space you may go in for floor standers.....again there are instances where bookshelf + sub and Satellite + Sub combos have worked wonders.....it all depends on which speakers and brand.....

AVR + Speakers need to blend well besides the technical aspect ....also sometimes you can get good equipment in For Sale by owner section or Hi Fi Ads where some of us upgrade and sell at reasonable prices...

There are lots of dealers in Mumbai, why not audition other brands and decide wisely? Don't rush.....

AVRs you could look at Marantz (obviously better than the Denon due to higher grade components used although manufactured by same company D & M holdings), NAD, Cambridge Audio, Yamaha, etc...

Speakers - Jamo (C & S series), BIC America, Quads, Q acoustics, Polks ( RTi series) etc.

Thanks Efernand,

Even i preferred Marantz or Yamaha AVR first; but backed out after knowing their rates. I have kept the budget of max 60K for AVR with dolby atmos & dts:x capability. Yamaha or Marantz AVR costs around 80K minimum with the above features.
I live in an apartment, so i would not like to annoy my neighbours with high volume sound :D. So, i would like to buy decent 5.1 speakers sufficient for my room. My requirement is that "I should be able to hear the stone crushing under the actors feet" i.e. minute details in sound without being too loud :eek:hyeah:.
Can you please provide me with the list of all shops where i can have a demo of the speakers mentioned by you?

Hi,

BIC america - avenue sound...near warden road

MZ audio - Bandra - Marantz etc.

ProFX -worli - Polks, Kefs

Cinebels bandra - Jamos

I would suggest since avrs keep changing all the time almost every 2 years to look at pre owned for now which would fit into your budget.

See Hifi ads...there is a slim NR1605 for sale hardly a month old and BIC america speakers with warranty..same individual seller...

Killer combo for excellent decent music + movies experience..

All the best!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back