HT within a budget of 2L

Rakesh123

Hello all,

I have been a follower of this forum for almost 4 yrs and it has taken a long time to make my own HT happen.
Expecting suggestions from your experiences.

I am newbie planning to upgrade from an LG HTIB to a HT system.

This is for a living room of 18×20(ft) room
No plans for any acoustic treatment,So considering this i want to build my HT.
I am looking out for AV receiver+speakers+SW all inclusive in around 2L.

I had auditoned Wharfadalediamond 240&230 FS+ Marantz SR 6012,this was good and the auditoned room was less than 100(s.ft) acoustically well treated.
But after some research understood i might not require an FS since i would be having an SW.
Do let me know your views on the same.

Plz provide your inputs on what more options can i consider in this budget.

Last edited:
The east wall.is where my TV is positioned along with an open ARch beside.

Totally this room has 2 open arches and 2 doors.

Attachments

• IMG-20180804-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20180804-WA0003.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 12
No plans for any acoustic treatment,

Do consider once you complete your set-up..

This is for a living room of 18×20(ft) room. I am looking out for AV receiver+speakers+SW all inclusive in around 2L. provide your inputs on what more options can i consider in this budget.

Marantz SR 6012 is a good choice.. Also consider Denon x 4400.. Settle for least expensive AVR of the two.. These AVR's have pre-outs.. You always have the option of adding a power amplifier at a later stage, incase you wish..

For this room size, you can look to build a great 7.2.4 set-up with (used two channel power amplifier)..

Consider this if you can spend lil more than your budget..

For speakers, consider 3 pairs of Taga Harmony Platinum S90 SL.. Has wall mount capabilities and has shallow depth over other speakers.. Mounting in the living room should be easier..

3 pairs = 6 speakers for Left, center, right, surr left, surr right & single surr back.. Approx 45K..

Subwoofers - Dual better (if you can accomodate in your room) - Taga TSW 200 / Taga SW 10v.2 - Approx 45 ~ 50K..

Post this, you can consider any small speakers on ceiling with mount brackets depending on your remaining budget.. So it would become 6.2.4..

If you don't wish to spend more than your budget, then consider the same AVR's & subwoofers but with change in speakers..

2 x Taga Harmony inmove 5.0 speaker package.. That makes it 10 speakers.. You can use 6 of these speakers for Left, center, right, surr left, surr right & single surr back... and the remaining 4 of them for front heights & rear heights and tilt them to your listening position.. Since your room length is abt 20 ft, should be good..

In both these cases, speakers are identical, subwoofers too.. You will need a (used) stereo power amplifier/ stereo amplifier (with pre-in) to complete 6.2.4 set-up..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back