HTiB and 3D TV Purchase .. help required

AVlover

Hi All Experts,

I have been a member of HIFIVision for an year now and after a long wait (economic wait) finally I have made up my mind to do a good purchase for me
One HTiB and one LED/Plasma TV 40/42 for a room size of 15x15.

So here are my choices
for HTiB I have almost finalized Yamaha RX V471 and have got an offer of 34K with Yamaha Speakers in Pune ... any guidance/feedback/input is welcome

For the TV - with 3D capabilities I am still deciding among following
1. Plasma/LED .. what should be a deciding factor between these...?
2. Sony (NX720/EX720), Panasonic (ST30/UT30), Samsung (UA40D6000SR), LG 3D cinema - LW5700

Have few queries about 3D television though.
I read some terminologies like Full HD 3D, 3D comb filter, 3D sync transmitter, Simulated 3D... could anyone please guide me to understand these and which of these are necessary to play 3D movies from any input....?

Also the HTiB I have selected does not have a network connectivity so I have a question as if I am playing some thing on a TV from network then Can I use the HDMI connectivity between TV and AVR to route the AUDIO using the HDMI audio return function from TV to AVR and play sound through AVR ....?

I am not sure if this facility is there in the TV models I am looking for, I am still checking it. Any other method to route audio only from TV to AVR...

hope I have put up my queries in an understandable and clear manner ...

Any guidance feedback will help me a lot

I will be collecting all info in next week or so and going to do my final purchase in DEC last week.

Thanks to all the members for a valuable guidance till now and in future as well this is a great AV community to be in...:)

Regards,
AVLover

Let me answer a few of your questions.

Plasma and LCD both have their own plus and minus points. If you have direct sunlight coming in your room then LCD would be preferred as LCD are much brighter than Plasmas and thus whiter whites. Plasmas on the other hand have much better black levels than LCDs. (Local Dimming LED LCD's are exceptions)

But generally Plasma has better PQ.

Out of the TVs you listed based purely on 3D performance the ST30 is the best followed by LG Cinema LW5700 and then the NX720/ Samsung D6000 and then the EX720.

ST30 is also the superior 2D performer among the group. So I would suggest going for the ST30.

Full HD 3D refers to 1080p images being delivered to both right and left eyes. In LG's Cinema 3D each eye sees only 540p. And the Samsung D6000 delivers 720p resolution to each eye.
The ST30 and NX720/EX720 deliver full 1080p to each eye

Hi All Experts,

I have been a member of HIFIVision for an year now and after a long wait (economic wait) finally I have made up my mind to do a good purchase for me
One HTiB and one LED/Plasma TV 40/42 for a room size of 15x15.

So here are my choices
for HTiB I have almost finalized Yamaha RX V471 and have got an offer of 34K with Yamaha Speakers in Pune ... any guidance/feedback/input is welcome

For the TV - with 3D capabilities I am still deciding among following
1. Plasma/LED .. what should be a deciding factor between these...?
2. Sony (NX720/EX720), Panasonic (ST30/UT30), Samsung (UA40D6000SR), LG 3D cinema - LW5700

Have few queries about 3D television though.
I read some terminologies like Full HD 3D, 3D comb filter, 3D sync transmitter, Simulated 3D... could anyone please guide me to understand these and which of these are necessary to play 3D movies from any input....?

Also the HTiB I have selected does not have a network connectivity so I have a question as if I am playing some thing on a TV from network then Can I use the HDMI connectivity between TV and AVR to route the AUDIO using the HDMI audio return function from TV to AVR and play sound through AVR ....?

I am not sure if this facility is there in the TV models I am looking for, I am still checking it. Any other method to route audio only from TV to AVR...

hope I have put up my queries in an understandable and clear manner ...

Any guidance feedback will help me a lot

I will be collecting all info in next week or so and going to do my final purchase in DEC last week.

Thanks to all the members for a valuable guidance till now and in future as well this is a great AV community to be in...:)

Regards,
AVLover

hi,

Regarding your query on routing audio from your TV to your AVR, one other option would be to use an optical cable to connect your TV to your AVR and get audio out from your AVR...(even you would get Dolby Digital 5.1 channel output, depending on your TV)

Thanks

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back