HTIB within 25K for 15x12 feet room

abhilash

Hello everybody.Though I joined yesterday only I am going through the posts related to Home Theater In Box and others since last 4 months. I have learned a lot about different equipments just by reading the posts and surfing outside also.

I am living in Ranchi, Jharkhand and require a Home Theater system for my room with size 15'x12' only. I already have Tata sky connection, A pc and a Samsung LCD TV 26". My interest are :
* Watching films(mostly english) & musical shows on TV,
* Watching films via computer and
* Listening to music (hindi-Gazals/album/filmi)

I wish to have a 5.1 ch Home theater with clear sound and very good Low frequency effect(bass). I realize after reading different posts in this and other sites, that best option is to have all components to be purchased seprately for being assembled together to form a good combination but require more money than I wish to invest.
MY limitation is that I have a budget of Rs25000/- only That is why I opted for purchsing an HTIB.
In Ranchi only Sony, LG, Philips & Samsung models are available.I auditioned Sony-HT-DDW5000, both are not suitable for my small room. I dont think I am ever going to have Onkyo/ Denon/ Marantz models available here.
However, recently I spotted an Onkyo-3100s(5.1 ch) in Big BAZAAR at Rs.19900/-. But there was no facility of listening room here and I could only listen to Music CD that too in an open hall.

I request you all to suggest me whether I should go for 3100s and use stereo speakers later on for listening to music as suggested to 'Anoopdotk' in the post 'Suggestion needed on HTIB(25K), ready to spend 10K more for music in near future' .
Please suggest if there are better models of Onkyo or any other company available within Rs 25000/-

Thank you

I forgot to mention that I wish to have HT with AVR and do not like DVD player models.

Abhilash

Welcome to the forum Buddy...!!!

Have a pleasant stay here...!!!

Buddy, in 25K, if you are expecting a reciver with a 5.1 Channel system, its tuff.
And the idea of going on to for a HTiB is rather a bad idea, as they dont serve the quality of sound one expect after spending 25 grands...

So its better, you start up with a nice amp, and a pair of speakers, and further expand it to a 5.1 adding more stuff slowly...
So at the end you will have a nice system to work out...

Chk modern tetail
Onkyo 5.1 Receiver + 5.1 Speakers ( I think with passive Sub) @ Rs 20 K , with Philips DVD Player free sometimes.

Chk
Croma
Reliance
Hypercity ETC

Abhilash

Welcome to the forum Buddy...!!!

Have a pleasant stay here...!!!

Buddy, in 25K, if you are expecting a reciver with a 5.1 Channel system, its tuff.
And the idea of going on to for a HTiB is rather a bad idea, as they dont serve the quality of sound one expect after spending 25 grands...

So its better, you start up with a nice amp, and a pair of speakers, and further expand it to a 5.1 adding more stuff slowly...
So at the end you will have a nice system to work out...

Thanks a lot Mridul for your suggestion. You are right but then can you please advise and point out the models/Receivers within Rs15000-18000 range and It will be convenient for me if someone suggest shops in jamshedpur/bhubaneshwar/Kolkata where these are available.

Thanks a lot Mridul for your suggestion. You are right but then can you please advise and point out the models/Receivers within Rs15000-18000 range and It will be convenient for me if someone suggest shops in jamshedpur/bhubaneshwar/Kolkata where these are available.

Bro

in that range there are for sure few amps available but they will not be worth the price...
so instead you go in for an integrated amp, like Denon 700AE for Rs.17k...
then you go in for a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 @ Rs.10K approx.

On later stages when you have some Rs.15-17K then upgrade/trade your integrated amp to 7.1/5.1 Denon or Marantz or Yamaha...

And a few months after that go in for good floor standers and shift the Wharfedal Diamond 9.1 to surround/rear speakers.

And lastly get a sub and a center to complete your worthy 5.1 setup..

I know it sounds waiting for too long.. but the system finally you will have will be a class system, with quality to be proud of @ the budget...

And dont forget the cable now only... keep some Rs.2-3K for them as well...

Back