htpc case

redd

hi guys
Which htpc case is better--antec fusion or silverstone lc 16b or antec nsk 2400.If you have any other htpc case in mind please suggest.

Silverstone and Antec, at least as far as HTPC goes, are in different price ranges. Silverstone is more expensive, and they have a large range of cases for HTPC.

Sometime ago I didi a feature comparison and I found the GD01 to be the best VFM in Silverstone. I am enclosing the spreadsheet for your reference. I have used Singapore Dollars for the price comparison.

Cheers

Attachments

• Silverstone_Comparison.xls
    16 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Silverstone and Antec, at least as far as HTPC goes, are in different price ranges. Silverstone is more expensive, and they have a large range of cases for HTPC.

Sometime ago I didi a feature comparison and I ground the GD01 to be the best VFM in Silverstone. I am enclosing the spreadsheet for your reference. I have used Singapore Dollars for the price comparison.

Cheers

venkat so how much did you pay for the gd01. I am getting the silverstone lc16bmr220 with screen for 13k odd. Its got a screen and a windows remote. GD01 is not available here. How do you control the htpc? Remote?

Do you think i should go for the lc16mr220 black for 13k?

venkat so how much did you pay for the gd01. I am getting the silverstone lc16bmr220 with screen for 13k odd. Its got a screen and a windows remote. GD01 is not available here. How do you control the htpc? Remote?

Do you think i should go for the lc16mr220 black for 13k?

My MOBO has a remote, so I am not looking for a remote for the case. The 16 and 17 are all top of the Lascala series. They are excellent cases. Though a bit expensive as compared to the international prices, 13K is a good price for the Lascala series.

Please be aware of another point. Silverstone has different cases for ATX motherboards and for MicroATX mother boards. So be careful when choosing the case.

I got my GD01 from Singapore and paid roughly 8K for it.

Cheers

My MOBO has a remote, so I am not looking for a remote for the case. The 16 and 17 are all top of the Lascala series. They are excellent cases. Though a bit expensive as compared to the international prices, 13K is a good price for the Lascala series.

Please be aware of another point. Silverstone has different cases for ATX motherboards and for MicroATX mother boards. So be careful when choosing the case.

I got my GD01 from Singapore and paid roughly 8K for it.

Cheers

which mobo do you have venkat?

I will settle for a Asus m3n78EM with AMD X3 for the time being with the silverstone cabinet. It accomodates both Standard ATX and Micro ATX mobos - will settle fore a micro ATX here.

which mobo do you have venkat?

I have the Asus P5Q-DELUXE motherboard. I am using a Intel Core2Duo processor.

I will settle for a Asus m3n78EM with AMD X3 for the time being with the silverstone cabinet. It accomodates both Standard ATX and Micro ATX mobos - will settle fore a micro ATX here.

These are good choices.

Cheers

Venkat, are you planning to use your htpc for music only or for movies as well?
I was thinking of silverstone 17 - without LCD or remote, and use an external dinovo mini remote. What do you say?
Both of you considering windows xp?

Venkat, are you planning to use your htpc for music only or for movies as well? I was thinking of silverstone 17 - without LCD or remote, and use an external dinovo mini remote. What do you say? Both of you considering windows xp?

I will be using XP till Windows 7 stabilises. In the initial stages, the HTPC will be used for ripping, storing, and playing music. When the prices of Blu-Ray players come down, I will be attaching a player, and it will serve for both music and video. I am looking for Blu-Ray players to touch between 5 to 7.5K when it makes sense to buy. I will not be using DiVx or similar files. All my movies will be DVD or Blu-Ray.

As I said the Silverstone 17 is a good case, and The Dinovo also looks good.

Cheers

Hey Venkat, I looked at the p5q deluxe mobo - full of features! You must have done a lot of research before discovering this I guess! Making it your wifi router was a strong reason for going for this one?
However, reviews on amazon are not that great. Is there a newer upgrade on this one?

Hey Venkat, I looked at the p5q deluxe mobo - full of features! You must have done a lot of research before discovering this I guess! Making it your wifi router was a strong reason for going for this one?
However, reviews on amazon are not that great. Is there a newer upgrade on this one?

I don't subscribe much to Amazon. The P5Q Deluxe won best Mobo awards from Anand, Toms Hardware, and many other technical magazine. The WiFi was a bonus.

The P6Q Deluxe is an old model. Asus has come out with newer models.

Cheers

Back