Htpc case

It's mATX which can go up to max 400w but the one which comes with it is 300.

Any ideas for deshbhakt eshtyle jugar ?

AFAIK most microatx cabinets have room for an atx power supply. What are the cabinets specs saying. They will mention form factor of psu. Else post dimension of psu enclosure in mm. I can find something suitable on the net for you.

Regards

Here

Detailed Description

Case Type (Dimension in mm) Desktop (435W x 145H x?58D)
Available Colors Black, Silver
Material Aluminum
M/B Type (Max. Dimensions) mATX / Standard ATX (12" W x 10" D)
PSU Type (Dimension) mATX HTPC 300W (4.94" W x 2.50" H x 5.13" D)
VFD Type 2x16 character Samsung VFD / Parallel Port Connector
Click for VFD Features
Rear Fans 2 x 60mm Pre-Installed / 17CFM / 23dBA
External 5.25" Bay 1
External 3.5" Bay 0
Internal 3.5" Bay 1
Expansion Slots 7
Installation CD User's Manual, VFD Software, VFD Driver for Media Center Edition
Compatible OS User's Manual, VFD Software, VFD Driver for Media Center Edition
Compatible OS Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/XP Media Center Edition
Weight 12 lbs (w/o Package)?6 lbs (w/ Heavy-Duty Package)

home_d5_g_07_l.jpg

The computer im planning to put in this is a

core i5 750
1156 socket P55mobo

Last edited:
Here

Detailed Description

Matches SFX form factor in W and H, but depth of SFX is way smaller that the space available in your cabinet, so I wonder if the screws will fit.

Edit: Actually there will be only screws on one face not depthwise so it should be good.
http://www.power-on.com/microatx.html

Cheers

Last edited:
Hmm, I think there is some confusion.

The case is already coming with a silent htpc 300w psu but for the i5 and p55 mobo and ati radeon 5770 I feel the 300w will fall short, is there any brand/model which you know that is 400w in this physical size?

Hmm, I think there is some confusion.

The case is already coming with a silent htpc 300w psu but for the i5 and p55 mobo and ati radeon 5770 I feel the 300w will fall short, is there any brand/model which you know that is 400w in this physical size?

oops! i thought you were shopping for psu as the case came naked.

you not only need a 400w but also one with the connectors for high end pcie graphics card etc. i would say since the i5 is more power efficient than earlier models, 300w may just do. Try it first, if it fails buy a new one.

Regards

Here

Detailed Description

Case Type (Dimension in mm) Desktop (435W x 145H x?58D)
Available Colors Black, Silver
Material Aluminum
M/B Type (Max. Dimensions) mATX / Standard ATX (12" W x 10" D)
VFD Type 2x16 character Samsung VFD / Parallel Port Connector
Click for VFD Features
Rear Fans 2 x 60mm Pre-Installed / 17CFM / 23dBA
External 5.25" Bay 1
External 3.5" Bay 0
Internal 3.5" Bay 1
Expansion Slots 7
Installation CD User's Manual, VFD Software, VFD Driver for Media Center Edition
Compatible OS User's Manual, VFD Software, VFD Driver for Media Center Edition
Compatible OS Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/XP Media Center Edition
Weight 12 lbs (w/o Package)?6 lbs (w/ Heavy-Duty Package)

home_d5_g_07_l.jpg

The computer im planning to put in this is a

core i5 750
1156 socket P55mobo

hi CorElement,

I'm on the lookout for a suitable htpc case myself. wanted to know where you plan to source this one from.

thanks

kapvin

I am using a Silverline LC 10E and am very happy with it.

The case above (i.e. D-Vine) < I have feeling that it will tend to overheat. :eek:It does not have vents on the side. Moreover, it can accomodate only a small SMPS with probably a smaller and noiser fan, so it could tend to be noisy as well.
I am not sure whether you will be able to fit a CPU coller in this one??

I don't think the front Vfm;'s also has much value. You can do operate your htpc thru a good wireless keyboard-mouse combo.:clapping:

Jugad my friend, asthetically the silverstone aluminium fronts are quite thin, theyre not of the high grade aluminium marantz cambridge audio arcam etc use, the ahanix does but sadly I decided to scrap the idea entirely. will buy new pc later.

Slightly out of the box idea - but why not consider something like this ? bit.ly/awERQp
Its got decent specs, its got HDMI & SPDIF out - so you can get good AV quality out of it - and as the review says, it can handle 1080p. (It has space for a low profile card too)
Has good glossy black looks, so minus the stickers, it should fit into your living room

Storage is a limitation - you have to for a NAS (if you have to have an elegant solution) or plug in external hard drives

i had used vip 355 earlier. cost 1400 with smps, its a full atx with decent cooling option and layout.had painted the silver portion and power on button also black. can be placed vertically also.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back