current config
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Processor:inter core i3 2100(something)
Ram: dynet 4GB DDr3
GPU;MSI Nvidia Geforce N210
HDD;1TB segate

Want to upgrade:
HDD to SSD
PC cabinet to horizontal profile as current tower profile doesnt fit into space.
Graphics card if needed

PC will be used for :Mainly Movies (HD 5-8 GB DLoaded) and moderate gaming(for eg First person shooting COD MW2)
also suggest good wireless keyboard mouse for the same.

PC will be used for :Mainly Movies (HD 5-8 GB DLoaded)

If it is mostly for movies, then an Android TV box for 3 - 4K on amazon.in will do.. It can play most movie codec and support bit-stream to AVR (All HD codec)..

and moderate gaming(for eg First person shooting COD MW2)

However since you are also looking for gaming, then upgrading your GPU might help.. Am not a gamer, but have read that GPU with 1GB DDR5 spec is good and better..

also suggest good wireless keyboard mouse for the same.

I have been using Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse for a long time, just works fine.. Has media control buttons too.. (Don't recollect the model #)..

If it is mostly for movies, then an Android TV box for 3 - 4K on amazon.in will do.. It can play most movie codec and support bit-stream to AVR (All HD codec)..
Can Android TV box output 1080p and bitstream Dts trueHD to AVR without any lag? I was thinking of buying used laptop for this purpose. Which Android box around 6k?

Can Android TV box output 1080p and bitstream Dts trueHD to AVR without any lag? I was thinking of buying used laptop for this purpose.

Yes.. Any Android TV Box can output 1080p as well as bit-stream Atmos/ Dts X to AVR.. I have used both Generic chinese ones as well as Xiaomi Mi 3 ATB.. Both were just fine..

Which Android box around 6k?

Since you can go up to 6K, then Xiaomi Mi 3 ATB, the only affordable ATB with Android OS for TV.. As far as i have tested, it works with 1.5 TB external HD..

@elangoas is right.

An Android TV Box like a MiBox 3 will be far simpler to set up and use than any HTPC. My Mi Box 3 works with a 4TB drive too, I have mine connected over the lan to play 1080p content to a projector. The Mi Box works great for 1080p not 4K though.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back