HTPC What parts?

jazzysweet

Hi guys great site. I am currently thinking of building a new media centre as my current one is just old bits latched together and it is slow, noisy and struggling. I havent built a PC for a couple of years and not sure what CPU, motherboard and hard drives I should be looking for as the market changes so fast.

It will be my main PC so I will also use it for normal applications but mainly for playing music and watching movies.

Prerequisites

Must have an optical digital output on the motherboard. This connects to my D to A converter which in turn connects to my amplifier. (100 ish)

Fast video card. Must have HDMI and be quiet and cool. (50 -120)

Large fast quiet hard drives typically 1 to 1.5 TB (60 to 100)

Fast but cool CPU as to keep case cooling to a minimum. (100 ish I think)

Fast Memory.

This will all be housed in my existing HTPC Thermalake DH 101 case which takes ATX/MATX

I know this is a tall order but if anyone can help you guys can.

Thanks in advance for your tips and advice.

Jazzy.

I have been using intel HTPC which is cool (without AC) & powersupply VIP 400w gold which doent make any noice.

I got another system last wk for relative with C2DE7500 which needs only 60w & runs cool too( Heatsink too is very small)

For HDMI MB,new nvidia chipset based are better for graphics...

Thanks spirovious:thumbsup:. From my previous encounters I understand that Intel are faster and cooler than AMD. Is that still the case?

Thanks spirovious:thumbsup:. From my previous encounters I understand that Intel are faster and cooler than AMD. Is that still the case?

Yes, with C2D cpu ,temp hardly goes beyond 40C even without AC.
Intel are better for converting AV files & faster than AMD.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back