HTR lines of Yamaha's

prakasse

Hi,

We are looking to buy HTR series receiver from Yamaha. Where can i find HTR lines in Bangalore? Music ranch said they deal with RXV series.

We are interested in HTR 6130, HTR 6140 & HTR 6160. Will finalize the model based on the demo experience and cast. Would be great of you can let us know the cost of these receivers.

Thanks,
Prakash.

No replies???? Awaiting your answer.

the rxv and htr are basically the same - only difference being minute differences in the method of construction, design (minor) etc. HTR was meant for EU and RXV for Asia.

So basically HTR 6130 ~ RXV 363, HTR 6140~RXV 463 onward.

The 363 is available for 17-18k, the 663 for 40-42k, the 463 around 25-27k IMHO

Hi Suprateep,

Thanks for your reply. Somewhere in the forum i saw that HTR series are less expensive than RX series. The only difference i see is that RX series is rated
at 20-20khz whereas HTR is in 1 khz.
Hence thought of going for HTR line of receivers to save some cost.

Hi folks, Any idea where i can get HTR series of receivers from blore?

Thanks,
Prakash.

Hi Suprateep,

Thanks for your reply. Somewhere in the forum i saw that HTR series are less expensive than RX series. The only difference i see is that RX series is rated
at 20-20khz whereas HTR is in 1 khz.
Hence thought of going for HTR line of receivers to save some cost.

Hi folks, Any idea where i can get HTR series of receivers from blore?

Thanks,
Prakash.

chroma deals with the yamaha HTR in India (in pune from what i saw) - the RXV is built better but actually no price diff. In bangalore you can try out the chroma or ezone outlets. Or try yamaha music india website and find the dealers for their av products.

All RX-V models have a corresponding HTR model. In N America, HTR models are only sold in retail stores where as RX-V are sold through audio stores. HTR is cheaper than RXV and by some margin. There are very minute differneces (eg., presence of 12v trigger vs. not). Performance wise they are pretty similar.

by all means go for the 6140 if there is so much of a difference between it and the 463. there is no difference wrt functionality of the two devices. At 20k its a steal

i only came to know of this through our forum.. :)

thats why hunting for HTR IN B'lore

I shall visit croma and see.

Folks from blore, any idea where i can purchase this apart from croma?

Thanks,
Prakash

ezone can be a good idea. check out the yamaha dealers for AV equipment from yamaha music india website. Try google dude

Hi prakasse,
Incase you have not buyed your Yamaha HTR.

I think HTR line comes bundled with Yamaha speakers. And Yamaha speakers are not pretty good. Also see below

What is the difference between the RX-V line and the HTR line AV receivers ?
There are many similarities between these two product lines. The RX-V line and the HTR line are produced in the same Yamaha factory using the same high quality parts throughout. The RX-V and equivalent HTR models have the same warranty periods; the same manufacturers suggested retail price, the same features, and the same remote control units. There is a cosmetic difference found on the front panels of these two lines. The RX-V line maintains the traditional white colored lettering normally found on most Yamaha components, while the HTR line provides a slightly different approach. Yamaha has created a new look by using gold colored lettering in selected areas on the HTR receiver series. However, both the RX-V line and the HTR line feature the same high quality black metal front panel construction. The amplifiers in the HTR and RX-V units are identical but rated differently to comply with the accepted measurement standards of their respective channels of distribution. Both ratings are FTC approved and are designed to handle the dynamics of today's audio and video sources. The RX-V line has the power amplifiers rated from 20-20000 Hz. The HTR line has the power amplifiers rated at 1000 Hz. Both lines can reproduce the full frequency response of 20-20000 Hz. The RX-V line is typically sold through Yamaha authorized audio/video specialty retailers, and is not available for mail order sales. The HTR line is sold through mass merchants, catalog retailers, and department stores. You may also purchase the HTR line through the mail. All transactions must be done through the authorized Yamaha dealer network. Any purchase made from an unauthorized dealer/retailer voids the Yamaha manufacturer's warranty.

Back