HTS suggestions

sumitarv

Hi guys,

I hope u ppl out there r gonna help me sort this out.........am a complete neophyte in this........so plzzzzzzzz help....first sorting out systems for my 3 bedrooms............then will require help for my living room HTS and an exclusive HTS for my HT room.....
the entire budget for 3 beedrooms is ard 1L-1.2L..........Also will require it ard 5 months time.....but i dont think ny new products will come by.....just suggest me on this as well......

here's d complete info......
budget for the 1st system:30 k each
area:11*18 ard 200 sqft
Ht for mainly music
music and movies purely bollywood

For 2nd system:ard 40k
area:11*18 ard 200 sq ft.
for both music and movies
but mainly music
no rock and mostly bollywood

For 3rd system:ard 40k-50k
area:11*18 ard 200 sq ft.
for both music and movies
no rock
music-bollywood
movies-bollywood and hollywood

plz if u r using ny technical jargon plz let me know........ recommend each and every thing........i dont have ny idea....awaiting ur reply

Your budget is too low for a decent HT setup. If you are ready to spend the whole budget in one room you can get a good set up. IF you want to go ahead with 3 different setups, you might have to look at HTIB option only(Home Theatre in a BOX). You can look at offerings from Onkyo,Phlips and Sony.

Your budget for the 3 rooms are so close that it is difficult to really have systems in all of them which are different from each other.

What I would suggest is for a Philips HTiB (3571 or similar) for 15k in one room.
In second room you can go for an Onkyo HTiB 3200 + DVD player for 25k.

This will leave you with 80k for the main room. Here you can go for
a. AVR in about 25k: Denon 1610 or Marantz 4003
b. 5.1 Speakers for 40-45k: Energy Take / Q Acoustics 1010i / Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 set
c. Blue ray Player for 15k or Media Player (Xtreamer or WDTV Live) for 10k

If this setup interests you, others can help you with more suggestions

yeah it seems to be good.......but i cannot go for such cheap ones in other rooms.....all the 3 rooms have d same size.......i can compromise on the first and go for HTIB for abt 25K and spend ard 50K for one and 60k for the other or 40K and 70k.....

Then you can try the following setup style

1. HK +JBL / Yamaha 195 / Onkyo HTiB 3200 + DVD Player = 25k

2. a. Onkyo HTiB 5205 + DVD Player = 40k
or b. Onkyo HTiB 6200 + DVD Player = 50k

3. AVR: Denon 1610 = 25k
HD player (Xtreamer/WDTV Live) = 10k
Speakers: a. Energy Take 5.1 / Wharfedale 9.0 HCP = 35k
or b. Polk RM705 / Wharfedale Moviestar 70 = 25k

System a. 25 + 40 + 70
b. 25 + 50 + 60

Most important hear b4 you buy. Many people on forum have preferred Philips 3571 for 15k over the 25k onkyo/yamaha systems.

yeah it seems to be good.......but i cannot go for such cheap ones in other rooms.....all the 3 rooms have d same size.......i can compromise on the first and go for HTIB for abt 25K and spend ard 50K for one and 60k for the other or 40K and 70k.....

plz guys help...........i want more suggesstions.......also i need them after say 4-5 months.......so can i decide now or will there be mpre choices later on........

hey raghav..........can u plz tell me the diff b/w HD and DVD player......

DVD is the standard player as we know it

By HD Player I meant a device which plays files (audio, video and photos) off an external Hard Disk Drive (HDD). examples of the same as I mentioned are WDTV, Xtreamer etc. HD player is not the best term and Media Player would be better. These players have chips which can decode many audio and video formats and transmit the same to the AVR or TV. They differ in features model to model. you can check up on them online or on the forum itself.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back