Humaneness has taken a walk..

oldmonk

While humanity continues its barbaric self.

How ugly...how despicable and horrible?

I feel sorry for these youths who show no compassion at all.

I am ashamed of these youths and wanted to highlight this cruelty .

If we cannot be kind to animals we do not deserve life

If any of you has the power to do something and bring these monsters to justice it will be great

Your sentiment is appreciated, OldMonk. (I have to remember to buy a bottle. Am out of stock)

I have read that the villagers thought that it was a poisonous fish which could have been a danger to those getting into the water. Hence, it was attacked.

I am a non-vegetarian. I am a participant to the cruelty to fish and other animals that I consume. I however don't attack a fish or a chicken or a goat or anything else for that matter just for fun. So I think there still might be a place for me in the back-est of benches of heaven.

Last edited:
While humanity continues its barbaric self.

How ugly...how despicable and horrible?

I feel sorry for these youths who show no compassion at all.

I am ashamed of these youths and wanted to highlight this cruelty .

If we cannot be kind to animals we do not deserve life

If any of you has the power to do something and bring these monsters to justice it will be great

Don’t worry so much for such things in this country… the leftists and so called forward thinkers simply jump and say that in the Modi rule, the people are starving and left with no-alternate. The villagers already went ahead of rescuing those idiots with filmsy statement.

Do you remember the incident of a guy who blasted a Cracker in the mouth of a pregnant elephant and the elphannt died after few days with starvation? The Kerala Government made a highly sensible reaction that, ‘during the Corona period people do not have job so they need some enjoyment’ and closed the case.

Don’t worry so much for such things in this country… the leftists and so called forward thinkers simply jump and say that in the Modi rule, the people are starving and left with no-alternate. The villagers already went ahead of rescuing those idiots with filmsy statement.

Do you remember the incident of a guy who blasted a Cracker in the mouth of a pregnant elephant and the elphannt died after few days with starvation? The Kerala Government made a highly sensible reaction that, ‘during the Corona period people do not have job so they need some enjoyment’ and closed the case.
no need for politics here...

Just empathy and humaneness.. and maybe some bewilderment as to where its all going to ?

No need to lose heart. For every incident like this one, there are thousands which warms the heart. I have young friends myself who carry biscuit packs with them to feed the stray dogs. I have seen them carrying sick street animals to animal shelters for treatment. I think media should publish these acts too so that incidents like this don't make us lose faith in humanity.

Last edited:
All rationalisations are defences to keep the ego free of anxiety that goes with responsibility/guilt/helplessness/hopelessness. They are effective, yes. And hence I value that one person who braves the anxiety to reflect and express.

Dolphins must be the last creature we human must even think about killing. They are so much attached to humans, I have read about numerous occasions where these lovey animals saved humans from drowning, from shark attacks and even helps fishermen to catch fish. Shame on these people.

That is wrong news, which was spread by the people of the north. The crackers were not put into the mouth the elephant. It was actually meant for scaring off wild pigs destroying the crops, which the unlucky elephant put in her mouth. Keralites are known for their love for elephants, they would never do such a thing for fun, especially on a pregnant one.
I do not have second thought about the love of south indians (not only kerala) about Elephants and we treat them as our family members. But. who explains whether the Wild pigs of Sahyadri were troubled by the human (since British era) or the human troubled by the Wild pigs. Any how animals doesnt have a brain like human and just eat when they are hungry, but what about human? do a family needs thousands of acreas of estate for their living? Farmers are having their own problems and reasons, but who understand the problems of other creatures, which can't speak or express. It is never ending debate. Let the Wild and Human strugle continue, and pray for win for human, till the last creature (execept human) extinct from universe.
So as the case, let us admit the UP villagers version that, the Guys are beating the dolphin to death, thinking that it is a poisiouness fish.

Last edited:
The forests are dear to all of us with the seeming exception of a few corporates hand in glove with governments.

Here is a story from Papua Indonesia..

The script has been more or less the same.

One more tragedy unfolds..

Dear All,
What a cruel thing to do. are man's best friend in the ocean.They are even known to protect humans from sharks.All of us should condemn such dastardly acts so that such idiots do not repeat such things.

Sir, theprint published such stories only to spread political negativity.. While we have assholes all across the world, the number of nicer humans is much higher than the assholes... Do not get influenced by websites like theprint ...

Sir, theprint published such stories only to spread political negativity.. While we have assholes all across the world, the number of nicer humans is much higher than the assholes... Do not get influenced by websites like theprint ...
Could you please explain/substantiate why you say so? It’s run by an ex-editor of Indian Express and the leadership includes senior journalists of national and international repute. Its investors include among others, N.R. Narayana Murthy, Ratan Tata, Nandan Nilekani, Uday Kotak Family, and Kiran Mazumdar Shaw.

Or is it just that its reporting doesn’t agree with your political/social views? That’s subjective.

Sir

This thread has nothing to do with the The Print or any other media...which you may or may not subscribe to or like their PoV.

Yes you are right - the number of nicer humans are much more.

Thats why we need to be very worried of the small number of not so nice humans who are causing great harm to the large number of nice humans by being unkind to the ecosystems of our planet.

Could you please explain/substantiate why you say so? It’s run by an ex-editor of Indian Express and the leadership includes senior journalists of national and international repute. Its investors include among others, N.R. Narayana Murthy, Ratan Tata, Nandan Nilekani, Uday Kotak Family, and Kiran Mazumdar Shaw.

Or is it just that its reporting doesn’t agree with your political/social views? That’s subjective.
My point was for everyone of us to think and decide for ourselves instead of getting influenced by fancy names.. Thats all.. being an Ex-Editor of Indian Express means nothing...

being an Ex-Editor of Indian Express means nothing...
sir

am sure a cooler head will tell you it does mean a lot..

request that we should live and let live.

For me ( any many like me ) - things like ecology matter ( along with economy ) so the purpose of this thread was initially the dolphin incident and now i think i must put up matters related to the ecology which will affect us all in some way.

Some may like and read some may move on - some other would like to share their Point of views as well

Let this not descend into an intolerant pit is..... a request for all.

Last edited:
These days entire indian media is a news creation media with very low credibility, so as an audience, better to be wise and judge for yourself if its real news or propoganda rather than blindly following people or better to extract news from articles. There was actually no need for theprint to name the article headline as they named it if they wanted to report real news. But sadly in disguise of making people aware of a news, they chose to plant ideas and thoughts on the readers minds. But what can we do anything as readers? Remember we live in a democracy where leaders are chosen just on on the count of maximum votes (maybe actual total he gets is only 10% of total votes but no one cares that 90% of persons did not vote for him).

All that said its believed that 70% of india is non vegetarian, irony is that many of them feel bad when they see cruelty on street animals, but forget all of that when having delicious meals.

Exactly sir.. It's ironic and very frustrating for me when I hear non vegetarians expressing sadness on the senseless killings of animals when there are alternative sources of tasty food...

article headline as they named
the choice of words to express the gravity of the situation can be better put but in this age editors / news reporters do not show empathy toward choice of words which in the earlier days wasnt the case so much.

These days they arent so proficient in English language and its nuances and lack empathy as a whole is my take.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back