Humming and Whistling sound from Subwoofer

cool_nitin

I recently bought a Vu LED50K310. I received a Croma branded Sub and Soundbar with it. I am facing a problem with relatively loud humming and whistling sound from the Sub. This noise is present all the time, irrespective of the source selected on the TV. It a simple connection. TV AV Out to Sub using RCA cable. Any suggestions on fixing this? I don't have any other source where I can test the Sub.

To be precise, no AV out but only Audio L (white) and R (red) needs to be connected to input of your system whether sound bar or Sub. It seems you have used video (yellow) wire from TV. Please check again the Sub without any input.

@omishra - I have connected only the Red and White cable. Even if I want to, there is no place to connect the yellow cable on the sub. It has two pair or inputs, both red and white.

@Thtpro - I am not sure I can do that. Soundbar has four wires coming out of it which connects to the sub. There are no RCA sockets on the soundbar.

Also, if I disconnect the Audio cable, the noise goes away. As soon as I plug the cable back, the noise returns. Even if nothing is playing on the TV.

It is a ground loop issue . Get yourself a better set of cables that a well shielded the humming should go away

@Flash - Is the whistling sound also due to the quality of the cable?

A Hum usually is due to the cable shielding especially if it is close to electrical sockets or if electrical wires are close to the cable.

Whistling sound ... That i am not sure about as I have not experienced it personally. I guess other FM's will pitch in

A Hum usually is due to the cable shielding especially if it is close to electrical sockets or if electrical wires are close to the cable.

Whistling sound ... That i am not sure about as I have not experienced it personally. I guess other FM's will pitch in

Humming & whistling? I believe the sub is having a good time:)

There are electrical cables next to the audio cable. Will try to separate them as much as possible.

Humming & whistling? I believe the sub is having a good time:)

Unfortunately, I am not :sad:

Nitin:
1) How is the Sound routed to Soundbar?
TV---> Sub---->Soundbar?

2) Does the sound stop if you disconnect the Audio cable from the TV end , leaving the Sub end connected and keeping all Appliances switched on.If yes the problem is with the TV.

3) Also check if the Hum is coming from both REd and White cables by disconnecting one at a time.

What is the make and model number of the Sub?
What is the make and model number of the Soundbar?
Do you have a link-- which you can post the manual for each of these?
Do you have a link-- which you can post the manual for your TV?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back