Hybrid Amplifier - Tube + SS

SatMumbai

Hi All,

I have been looking for an Integrated / Power Amp for my set up which will have Oppo BDP-105 as Source / Pre and AG Strada with B&W ASW608 sub.

Currently my top on the list is a Hybrid Amplifier (with vacuum tubes in Input stages and SS in Output stages). I had Pathos Inpol2 (best amplifier I ever heard - but not a big budget available now :( ) and tried Astin Trew Power Amplifier (returned it due to the noisy transformer). Soundwise I am impressed.
Coming to the options / considerations (trying to keep the budget to max of 75K INR delivered to home), the following caught my attention

Jolida JD1501P Hybrid Power Amp
.:JoLida: manufacturers of quality audio equipment
This amplifier fits my needs the most (primarily a Hybird amplifier with less than 6" height as my in cabinet height is 8" and XLR inputs)
I do not know where to source it in India and how it sounds! Any help here please?

Also, are there any other contenders that I should consider?

I can think of Vincent SP331
Vincent - Power Amplifier - SP 331
(ofcourse it does not XLR and height is 6.29". Also cost about 80K INR)

Please let me know about suggestions here..

i dont think you should restrict yourself to a hybrid or tube or ss. as long as it suits your listening needs / budget dont worry about what tech is used imo. being niche market products tubes / hybrids are quite expensive

Sure. I do not think that I will get a chance to audition but willing to buy it directly from any one who is willing to offer the same as US price. I will keep us updated.

Yes 100 % I agree I have Jolida 1501, which is hybrid amplifier with remote. It does not have xlr. I bought from a user which was sparingly using. I rolled off the original jolida pre tube with jj pre tube with the help of Bs3 amplifier who is dealer of the tube in Mumbai. Who is a nice gentleman to talk. As far as the quality. It combines the tube mid band quality. With adding hf and lf extension of ss amplifier. More over it has remote. Good built up. Good ample power to drive the low sensitivity speakers. Previously I had come across many tube amplifer like ayon orion and cayin kt88, and el 34 based pre power combos. Jolida beat all these machines. Jolida is meant for those who do not want to miss any of the frequencies in their music. Jolida was my more favourite before I receive Accuphase. Even though some times I swap the machine for a change over listening. Hats off to Jolida. I come to know the better model in Jolida will be more better. Of course bear in mind JOlida started singing sweetly for me after switching over to the pre tube jolida to jj. But I am not willing to give off this machine. I write this bec You can proceed with confidence on Jolida

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Clearcut! This will be a blind purchase for me but your post has given enough confidence. The model that I am looking for is the power amplifier version (Jolida JD1501P) and it seems it still offers the tube rolling fun!

I hope to find a way to source it in India !!

Consider Analogue Audio Labs which has a wide range of tube amplifiers at a very reasonable price range to suit all requirements and pockets.

i've auditioned a vincent amplifier. it was used on a set up with monitor audio platinum speakers (about $10,000 for the speakers) so that itself should speak for itself. i was blown away with the set up. super stuff. niothing like i've heard before. the reputation of the speakers precedes it, but the amplifier definitely gave it the juice, the clarity, sound seperation, musicality through the range etc etc

Back