I added 5 models for Android TV box. Can you help to choose the better one please

chaitanyaht3

Dear All,

With my little understanding, I picked 5 models for android TV box.
And can you suggest a better one please?
If any one is already using one of these, it will be a great help with your feedback.

MY REQUIREMENT:
Must bitstream audio form Netflix and Prime.
Play Lossless audio formats like TRUE HD and DTS-HDMA etc (if bitstream works, this doesn't matter i guess)
Play blueray movies from hard disc (4k is not required)

MY PICKS: (see the attached image please)
1. Tanix TX3 Mini (3.5k )
2. X96Mini (3.5k)
3. MXQ pro (3.2k)

4. Mecool M8S Pro (6.5k)
5. T96 PRO (7k)

First 3 models are under 3 to 4k price range, and the last two are around 7k.
(Not sure why they are more, may be good hardware? )
I do not use gaming at all.

Can you help with my choice please ...

Thanks & Regards
Chaitanya

Attachments

• media player.JPG
    media player.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 40
It may run on Android tv os but Amazon prime video app is only available for selected devices that's why i sold out mi box (official andriod tv os)and buying Nvidia shield tv.

It may run on Android tv os but Amazon prime video app is only available for selected devices that's why i sold out mi box (official andriod tv os)and buying Nvidia shield tv.

Oh....ok. Atleast for people who want youtube 4k and Netflix can get this. its like 5k in gearbest. looks like a good deal

Amazon Prime can be played on almost any android box by sideloading the specifc app. I played it on Mecool M8S Pro Plus. Now I am playing on Mi Box 3 (1080p but not Dolby+).

Some days ago I played Amazon Prime on Mi Box 3 with Dolby+ when I was doing some trials. Then I installed it in another room TV (no AVR). Today when I tried it with AVR, Dolby+ was not coming. There might be something missing. So, I can not confirm about Dolby+ as of now but can confirm about 1080p playing on Mi Box.

Last edited:
As per my knowledge non of the above support prime. So better buy one from 1st three. Buy Amazon fire stick separately.
Hi Nchavva,

I remember you used Tanix Tx3 Mini.
I guess you confirmed Dts-Hdma & True Hd pass through. (Lets forget about prime video if it plays only on selected devices)

Other that that, how is Tanix Tx3 Mini ??
Netflix is fine in terms of Full Hd video and audio pass through??? Any other drawbacks please ??

Hi Nchavva,

I remember you used Tanix Tx3 Mini.
I guess you confirmed Dts-Hdma & True Hd pass through. (Lets forget about prime video if it plays only on selected devices)

Other that that, how is Tanix Tx3 Mini ??
Netflix is fine in terms of Full Hd video and audio pass through??? Any other drawbacks please ??
I had mi box and i never tried Netflix

Actually guys, I have an office laptop. I'm not supposed to change any settings to bitstream audio. So my avr is getting PCM from Netflix and Prime, when I play through that laptop. And the audio quality is just crap.

But when I play Dts HDMA demo files, the sound is just excellent.

So the sole reason I'm looking for Android box is to bitstream audio from Netflix etc and bitstream lossless audio from external hard disc.

Actually guys, I have an office laptop. I'm not supposed to change any settings to bitstream audio. So my avr is getting PCM from Netflix and Prime, when I play through that laptop. And the audio quality is just crap.

But when I play Dts HDMA demo files, the sound is just excellent.

So the sole reason I'm looking for Android box is to bitstream audio from Netflix etc and bitstream lossless audio from external hard disc.

If you are ready to let go Amazon prime, mecool m8s pro will be a good buy. It will fullfil all your requirements

Play Lossless audio formats like TRUE HD and DTS-HDMA etc (if bitstream works, this doesn't matter i guess)
Play blueray movies from hard disc (4k is not required)

MY PICKS: (see the attached image please)
1. Tanix TX3 Mini (3.5k )
2. X96Mini (3.5k)
3. MXQ pro (3.2k)

4. Mecool M8S Pro (6.5k)
5. T96 PRO (7k)

Anyone of the above can do the movie requirement w.r.t bitsream..

MY REQUIREMENT:
Must bitstream audio form Netflix and Prime.

I have never used both.. So not sure.. If movie bistream is possible, then this also should be possible over network..

Actually guys, I have an office laptop. I'm not supposed to change any settings to bitstream audio.

Oh sad.. But are you allowed to install media player in it? If so you can install Kodi & set it to bit-stream in the user settings..

Also with office laptop, when you are connecting to any device thru HDMI, you are not changing any audio settings that will affect the IT policy..

Amazon Prime can be played on almost any android box by sideloading the specifc app. I played it on Mecool M8S Pro Plus. Now I am playing on Mi Box 3 (1080p but not Dolby+).

Some days ago I played Amazon Prime on Mi Box 3 with Dolby+ when I was doing some trials. Then I installed it in another room TV (no AVR). Today when I tried it with AVR, Dolby+ was not coming. There might be something missing. So, I can not confirm about Dolby+ as of now but can confirm about 1080p playing on Mi Box.

1.Does Mecool M8S Pro plays videos downloaded from you tube which are VP8/9 coded?
2. There are so many variations of this in AliExpress. which one to select?
I have 2 TB hard disk. Is 2GB/16GB variant is enough for this?
3. There are some variants tagged as 'Set top Box". What it means ? Can we use this box as set top box also?

Netflix might work on many of these boxes but it may not be at full resolution. I think as long as it's Android that Widevine thing comes into play. Only foolproof streaming device is a Chromecast or a Fire stick.

Will the following device support Dolby Atmos and DTS streaming.
CUBETEK CBTX3-1GB, Portable 4K Smart TV Box with 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, Android 7.1, Kodi ,HDMI 2.0, 10Bit, H.265V, Miracast, 5.1 Dolby Media Streaming Device
Iis available in 3k on flipkart and amazon.
My main objective is only to play all the movies from hard disk thats its. Hence it should support all formats and should stream all the dolby and DTS to my receiver. No other requirement.

It might with kodi audio passthrough but might stutter. For 3k you can get a good new Android 9 tv box from AliExpress.

Back