I am planning to buy Denon X2700H .

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceycool.piyush

Is there any better receiver in 70k price bracket ? ALso suggest 5.1 setup. Have a total budget (receiver + speakers) of Rs1.25 lk . Total area of my living room is arnd 500'(17'*30') sq ft.

Is there any better receiver in 70k price bracket ? ALso suggest 5.1 setup. Have a total budget (receiver + speakers) of Rs1.25 lk . Total area of my living room is arnd 500'(17'*30') sq ft.
Hi you can go with 2700 . 5.1 you may go with polk T50 series or Taga 607 5.0 setup currently then add taga 212 se which is nearly 35k or add tsw 90 v3 sub which is nearly 25k.

Hi Welcome to HT world..
I suggest to go by ur listening taste rather by reviews as every individual have their own taste . Denon 2700 is very good AVR but for long run & better adjustments using AVR try buying AVR with Pre-out option in it ..
coming to speakers those are the one u have think & buy as its one time investment & will stay for many years . speaker cant be changed as per technology change as its all abt its sound signature of blend manufacturer keep . there are different kind of speaker in market like some manufacture bright n share & some neutral & some more on Mid range & vocal clarity. so according to that u have buy ur speakers.
I suggest buy LCR 1st & then buy surround make slow & very better package all together. so that u will never regret later.
AVR i suggest in that budget Marantz 5015

X2700H offers an excellent VFM but right now price is highly inflated. It's worth the wait if you can to have the price settle down. You can either go for Polk TL1600 or T Series 5.1 Package based on availability in your area.

Hi Welcome to HT world..
I suggest to go by ur listening taste rather by reviews as every individual have their own taste . Denon 2700 is very good AVR but for long run & better adjustments using AVR try buying AVR with Pre-out option in it ..
coming to speakers those are the one u have think & buy as its one time investment & will stay for many years . speaker cant be changed as per technology change as its all abt its sound signature of blend manufacturer keep . there are different kind of speaker in market like some manufacture bright n share & some neutral & some more on Mid range & vocal clarity. so according to that u have buy ur speakers.
I suggest buy LCR 1st & then buy surround make slow & very better package all together. so that u will never regret later.
AVR i suggest in that budget Marantz 5015
yes...rightly said !BTW .. Whats LCR ? Also Marantz 5015 is arnd 1 lakh compared to 66k for denon 2700 (almost similar specs). slightly out of budget !!

X2700H offers an excellent VFM but right now price is highly inflated. It's worth the wait if you can to have the price settle down. You can either go for Polk TL1600 or T Series 5.1 Package based on availability in your area.
Denon 2700 is arnd 66k. should I wait for a better price ??

yes...rightly said !BTW .. Whats LCR ? Also Marantz 5015 is arnd 1 lakh compared to 66k for denon 2700 (almost similar specs). slightly out of budget !!
LCR is left center & right speaker most HT sound will be mostly on these 3 speakers. 5015 recently i have seen here in bangalore few FM shared got it for arounf 68-71K.. pls chk bargain better & buy.. i suggest if not in hurry wait n buy...

What are the specific things you are looking out in the x2700 or the receiver. Depending on needs you can save some budget which you can allocate to good speakers.

Like others suggested try out old receivers which you can get for a bargain.

A marantz 1509 or 1609 or a denon 1600/2700 along with indiQ audio custom LCR and surrounds..... U will get a decent setup. Start with a 5.0 setup n scale up slowly to 5.1 or 7.0 or 7.1

If I were you, I wd put not more than 50k on an AVR with preouts and 75k on speakers.

Last edited:
Hi Piyush
Your room size is quite big. My living room size is almost around the same size as yours. I would suggest you to get avr with preouts.
Since if you are listening around 20-25 feet from the screen. You will need a power amp for the lcr.( Unless you are going for very high sensitivity speakers-Indiq audio lcr or klipsch )
If not now you should plan in the future. If you get an avr with preouts you can upgrade systematically.
Can you elaborate your rooms size schematically. Like your hearing distance from the screen. Then it will be better for our fellow members to guide you better.

Hi Piyush
Your room size is quite big. My living room size is almost around the same size as yours. I would suggest you to get avr with preouts.
Since if you are listening around 20-25 feet from the screen. You will need a power amp for the lcr.( Unless you are going for very high sensitivity speakers-Indiq audio lcr or klipsch )
If not now you should plan in the future. If you get an avr with preouts you can upgrade systematically.
Can you elaborate your rooms size schematically. Like your hearing distance from the screen. Then it will be better for our fellow members to guide you better.
I agree if you settle for 2700 you will regret.better go for Ave with preouts.its out of my experience I'm suggesting.

As suggested by other members, try to get an AVR with preouts (Denon 3700H seems to be good value for money) and you can go for Indiq Diamond Mishra with matching center along with Polk OWM3 pair for surrounds..

Keep in mind, you cannot get 5 decent speakers and a subwoofer within 50K unless you buy them used.

Polk OWM3 pair for surrounds
I suggest to go for Polk S10 with slight budget bump as owm3 is slightly lesser side on base .. while S10 doing fantastic job like missiles firing from behind .. Thunder sounds etc ..

I am using S10 for surrounds and owm3 for ceiling :)

Its just my opinion

Hi Piyush
Hi Siva, PFA the layout of my living room. The viewing distance is arnd 17 feet.

Attachments

• living room.jpg
    living room.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 31
What are the specific things you are looking out in the x2700 or the receiver. Depending on needs you can save some budget which you can allocate to good speakers.

Like others suggested try out old receivers which you can get for a bargain.
I am looking for an output of arnd 100w @ 8ohm as suggested by sound professionals for my living room of 600 sq ft area. Also wifi , BT & few advanced features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back