I am planning to buy Denon X2700H .

Status
Not open for further replies.
As suggested by other members, try to get an AVR with preouts (Denon 3700H seems to be good value for money) and you can go for Indiq Diamond Mishra with matching center along with Polk OWM3 pair for surrounds..

Keep in mind, you cannot get 5 decent speakers and a subwoofer within 50K unless you buy them used.
R u aware of the price of denon 3700.. checked online. Seems to be arnd Rs 1.2 lk. I am ready to spend Rs 70-80 k for speakers...

R u aware of the price of denon 3700.. checked online. Seems to be arnd Rs 1.2 lk. I am ready to spend Rs 70-80 k for speakers...
In an open living room, sound waves move freely, no matter how much loud u play, you won't be able to feel bass much as in a closed room. So be realistic of expectations. Regarding AVR, front preouts r sufficient. 3700 is too much for your requirements n budget as well. If you are strictly looking at audio gear in current budget. You can also consider good quality sound bars. Since it's open room, I don't expect much difference of separates and soundbar. Only benefit of separates is if AVR has preouts, you can add a power amp later to drive front LR. This will give you better music experience.

If separates, look fr high sensitivity speakers, cos given your budget you can't allocate much fr a high current amplifier based AVR. So basic avr with preouts and high sensitivity speakers will do the job . indiQ audio speakers have very high sensitivity. Even the owner of indiqaudio uses marantz 1509 fr his personal use.

An indiQ 5.0 with custom LCR will cost you 82k odd... You may get some discount too. Other options are Q Acoustics 5.0 package. I m not including sub, given your budget pluS any mediocre sub is pointless... Unless u are willing to spend 30-40k atleast. If you want with sub in current budget HTIB / soundbar are the other possibilities.

Other alternative- front LR towers + stereo amp. Good for music.. but ok types fr movies. For movies, you need centre channel mandatorily, but you wd need AVR or soundbar for center channel.

Hi Siva, PFA the layout of my living room. The viewing distance is arnd 17 feet.
Hi Piyush, you have a lovely room. For 17feet hearing distance you may be able to get away with av receiver without power amp- provided you are selecting a high sensitivity speakers.
What are your sources - like Airtel Xtreme or blue rays ?
What volume you will listen to ?
R u planning as HT only or do you listen to music also ?

and the power rating of Avr is different from amps-
If Avr states it is 100 watts- it usually means only when 2 channel driven at 8 ohms
When all 5 or 7 channels the wattage is much less say around 50 watts in 8 ohms load

For example - Marantz sr8012 flagship avr- watts stated is 140 - when only 2 channel driven -
When 5-7 channels driven it's 70 to 90 watts
Despite it having a huge toroidal transformer.
Meaning all the other budget receivers would be giving much less wattage.

Last edited:
Hi Piyush, you have a lovely room. For 17feet hearing distance you may be able to get away with av receiver without power amp- provided you are selecting a high sensitivity speakers.
What are your sources - like Airtel Xtreme or blue rays ?
What volume you will listen to ?
R u planning as HT only or do you listen to music also ?

and the power rating of Avr is different from amps-
If Avr states it is 100 watts- it usually means only when 2 channel driven at 8 ohms
When all 5 or 7 channels the wattage is much less say around 50 watts in 8 ohms load

For example - Marantz sr8012 flagship avr- watts stated is 140 - when only 2 channel driven -
When 5-7 channels driven it's 70 to 90 watts
Despite it having a huge toroidal transformer.
Meaning all the other budget receivers would be giving much less wattage.
Thanks Siva..My sources would be OTT (netflix, Prime) & Blue Rays. I would also use it for Music(soft rock).

Thanks Siva..My sources would be OTT (netflix, Prime) & Blue Rays. I would also use it for Music(soft rock).
Hi Piyush
For my understanding-for home theatre -80 percent load is done by a good centre and sub, rest all speakers contribute to around 20 %
My suggestion is you can go for 3.1 settup.

lcr - say Indiq audio- lcr roughly around 63 k - there is a group buy - you can get up to 20 % discount
With a sub - there is Svs sub in sale section probably Svs pb 1000-50 k
Then you can- use a 5.1 channel Avr - pre-owned- you should be able to get it for 20-25 k .
You may be able to get a decent 3.1 setup. The only thing you will have to change is the Avr later.
(Even if the Avr is not supporting 4 k it doesn't matter. since settop boxes like - Airtel Xtreme -give optical out put which you can connect to avr
And the HDMI cable to the TV directly )

And later when the prices a reduced - (now due to Covid all the Avr prices are quite inflated. ) you can go for new Avr and rear channels.

Happy hunting

Would suggest to skip the X2700 & go for the X3700 instead, as that will have Pre-Outs incase you upgrade ur speakers or want to add an external amp in the future.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back