I am really confused!

Donivlapog

Suddenly none of the sound solutions seem to be good enough from cheap boat Avaante sound bars to readymade Yamaha home theater system or custom made home theater solutions running a couple of lakhs minimum to upholstery made in heaven lakhs worth home theater atmos Dolby digital surround x.1 speakers and what not. If A is better than B, B is better than C, C is better than A running in cycles. Audio choice is more complex than TV (visual)choice!

Suddenly none of the sound solutions seem to be good enough from cheap boat Avaante sound bars to readymade Yamaha home theater system or custom made home theater solutions running a couple of lakhs minimum to upholstery made in heaven lakhs worth home theater atmos Dolby digital surround x.1 speakers and what not. If A is better than B, B is better than C, C is better than A running in cycles. Audio choice is more complex than TV (visual)choice!
Visual choice is very easy. Just go to showroom compare the tv side by side any buy the one you like. Audio is a whole different story and very subjective for each individuals

Ideally, the first thing to decide is your budget. Then you should find the components that fit inside your cost taking your room & other limitations into consideration. Then try to audition those components or try to find user reviews when you cannot. Pls take it step by step & don't hurry & take impulsive decisions.

Light travels in straight line with the speed of light. So simple.

Sound travels in all directions, reflects or gets absorbed over everything to varying degrees, moves dead slow, fails to dissipate once you hear, loves the corners, is location specific, changes characteristics based on frequency and creates a hot mess interacting with the room. This all only increases once you go up the price.

Welcome to the confusion.

For the time being I went for soundbars for both my hall TV and room TV. I have decided to pile up some cash and then in a year with more research and due diligence shall try to arrive at a conclusion. I was content with the TV sound so far but then someone recommend a sound bar and that was the ignition spark to my journey into a labyrinth of redundant loops.

For the time being I went for soundbars for both my hall TV and room TV. I have decided to pile up some cash and then in a year with more research and due diligence shall try to arrive at a conclusion. I was content with the TV sound so far but then someone recommend a sound bar and that was the ignition spark to my journey into a labyrinth of redundant loops.

Blaupunkt is good for the price. The 5k one is unbelievable for the price.

What is your TV? does it support earc ?
and you didnt mention your budget ?

I had already ordered a Blaupankt for Rs.6499 (120 watts) and boAT Avaante 1700D 120 watts for Rs.7999. Flipkart sells Denon 550BT for Rs.29000(also 250BT for Rs.24000). I was told to get that and then a few speakers and have a custom made one but I might not be able to up the volume in my home and so soundbar is the best bet.

The Blaupunkt does not play Netflix audio through ARC. It does for YouTube audio hotstar etc. For Netflix it requires eARC maybe.

Figured out how to get audio out of Netflix. It was in 5.1 English original sound setting which I changed to English original as sound bars with one subwoofer is just 2.1 channel. Thanks to Sony and Amazon for nothing! (They did not respond to my calls and I did it myself eventually. I am a self made person.)

Which is better? Blaupunkt or the boat?
Boat is able to down convert 5.1 from netflix?
In Blaupunkt I have to change settings in each Netflix movie I choose to view. But that's being used by my ~5 year old Sony XD9300, 65" TV. The new Sony 8000h with boAT is able to play the audio with no settings change. The boAT sound bar is bigger in size and is designed in an attractive manner. But other than that no big difference.

In Blaupunkt I have to change settings in each Netflix movie I choose to view. But that's being used by my ~5 year old Sony XD9300, 65" TV. The new Sony 8000h with boAT is able to play the audio with no settings change. The boAT sound bar is bigger in size and is designed in an attractive manner. But other than that no big difference.
Can you not force PCM 2 channel output from your TV's sound output settings?

But how can you be sure it is using the 2.1 channel sound from the series rather than picking and down converting the 5.1?
Well, you can't send 5.1 channel uncompressed over HDMI ARC. So if you select PCM as output format from the TV settings itself, the TV will send only stereo output to the soundbar itself. No need to rely on the soundbar, so his issue of having to change it everytime will be resolved.

Regarding how the TV down-converts the audio to stereo, I'm not sure how to determine that. It won't really matter much for a budget soundbar anyway. And not sure which is the better way as the centre channel can have valuable information, while transcoding also results in loss of information. So there are pros and cons to both approaches.

There is no such option atleast in my room TV. But there is an option called Dolby digital range with a standard and compressed (compensates for audio level difference between channels- only for Dolby digital audio). I put that under standard as well as compressed. Does not work. In Netflix under the subtitles and audio changing the default 5.1 to original only works. The trailers play normally but when I play the movies I have to take that extra step or I get a muted audio.(Sony X9300D 65" model)

I have a Blaupunkt Sound Bar connected to my guest room TV.

However, I have not been able to pair my fire tv stick remote (with volume up, down, power, mute) with it. A couple of options of Blaupunkt Sound Bar in "Manage Equipment" do not work.

It works well with Samsung sound bar (in other room).

Do you know IR code(s) of Blaupunkt Sound Bars being sold in India? Searching online has not been useful.

I have a Blaupunkt Sound Bar connected to my guest room TV.

However, I have not been able to pair my fire tv stick remote (with volume up, down, power, mute) with it. A couple of options of Blaupunkt Sound Bar in "Manage Equipment" do not work.

It works well with Samsung sound bar (in other room).

Do you know IR code(s) of Blaupunkt Sound Bars being sold in India? Searching online has not been useful.
I remember calling their helpline 9560036172 and did a video conferencing to configure something. Check with them.

Back