I just reviewed the Fosi Audio Box X4 MM Phono Preamp!

Dbsilverton

I am a tester for Fosi Audio and I just had the opportunity to review the Box X4 MM phono Preamp! I was really impressed with it, even with my humble setup! I used it with my Denon DP-1200 turntable! Super excited to try out this little guy. In the video I connected it to a home theater receiver and use it directly with headphone. If you have any questions, post them below!

Click here for my channel! Please don’t forget to like and subscribe!

Appreciated.
To be clear, a Denon DP-1200 does not fit into the 'humble' setup. Its a serious piece of kit not many can afford. Holds a pretty good price in the used market.

What are your test parameters and what do you look for on a phono pre amp?

I just looked up some of the DP-1200’s online and I’m actually kind of shocked. I payed about $40 for it but I suppose time is flying by quickly. It was in really rough shape and took a lot of love to get it working. I just meant to say it not a McIntosh! I suppose it’s all relative though. As far as my parameters go, I don’t get too technical with it. There are tons of reviews where people show with various instruments why some devices sound better and I don’t like them. Others show why some are bad and I do like them. That being said I think the best for me is if I like it. I tried it with several different artists from different genres and different speed records. I also played with the settings on both the receiver and the Box X4. I liked the warm sound and the clarity that it gave to the sound that simply wasn’t there with the receiver. That being said the receiver is a 25 year old budget model that came with the speakers so I would assume that anything would be an improvement over the internal phono preamp. I look forward to trying out other preamps so I can compare, but I will probably look for a better amplifier to replace the receiver first. I’m relatively new to the testing game so I hope that answers your question.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back