I know what you download...

OM_2K19

If you have wondered how ISP sends out those infringements emails, it's way easier than you think. They usually rely on a public ledger https://iknowwhatyoudownload.com/ that maintains the record of all the downloaded contents over the internet via the torrent network. Find out if your network is compromised and someone illegally uses your IP to download copyright-protected content.

There are two scenarios:-
  1. Someone in your home downloaded those without you knowing. Change the Wi-Fi creds.
  2. Your Public IP was assigned to another user at that time (ISP shares the same Public IP with many users), and he downloaded those.
If you haven't downloaded them, nothing to worry but it doesn't hurt to be more vigilant.

View attachment 62743

I see these 3 records... & I haven't done any of those.. so what now?
That's becos almost all ISP use dynamic IP system instead of static IP, so once you restart your modem, a new IP will be provided to you and your previous IP will be given to someone else. And this website tracks your current IP's history not your connections history.

If you have wondered how ISP sends out those infringements emails, it's way easier than you think. They usually rely on a public ledger https://iknowwhatyoudownload.com/ that maintains the record of all the downloaded contents over the internet via the torrent network. Find out if your network is compromised and someone illegally uses your IP to download copyright-protected content.
The title sounds interesting like the horror thriller " I know what you did last summer" :)

That's becos almost all ISP use dynamic IP system instead of static IP, so once you restart your modem, a new IP will be provided to you and your previous IP will be given to someone else. And this website tracks your current IP's history not your connections history.
That means ISP has history of all your DATA and its sold too.

Most of our systems get assigned IPs from a pool dynamically. So this list doesn't actually give us an accurate result.

That means ISP has history of all your DATA and its sold too.
Whenever anyone downloads something from a public tracker (torrent available on google), the tracker publishes his IP address out in the wild. Starting from copyright trolls to the common man, anyone can monitor\view those IPs and what they downloaded. This site monitors these public trackers and gathers the list of IP/Contents based on that. Nonetheless, if you use the DNS provided by your ISP, they probably already have all your browsing history.

Edit:- typo

Last edited:
So, the bottom line is: no matter what you do, everything that you do online is always on record for someone with intent and means to find…forever?

So, the bottom line is: no matter what you do, everything that you do online is always on record for someone with intent and means to find…forever?
Can't someone throw them off track by using a vpn ? People using phones for financial purposes will be more at risk then .

I think most of us operate under the “herd mentality” on this.(everyone is doing it so what’s the risk?)
The anonymity is provided by being part of the crowd, of being lost in sheer numbers, feeling safe in a mob?
This belief is not true I think..,

I just checked with that link... got a bunch of downloads for my IP address that I haven't downloaded at all.
Don't worry... It could be that your Public IP was assigned to another user at that time (ISP shares the same Public IP with many users), and he downloaded those.

Edit:- Your public IP (Dynamic) won't change until you reboot your router in case of Broadband, so do compare the time of download you see on that site with the last reboot time of your router. If they match, then if not you, someone else might be using your network to download those files.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back