I need help buying a proper amplifier ! Please guide me..

However on the surround speakers it was written as 4 ohms.

Are you sure it was written 4 ohm on the surround speakers ?

Hi Vaibhav,

I just checked specs of your system (MHC-V818) at given link below & it has different specs ! (May be because it's a Sony UK web page)

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/MHC-V818

If we consider the UK version specs, then you need to focus on the specs that i highlighted in red in the attached pics. Which says 130 + 130 = 260 Watt RMS @ 8 Ohm for both front channels. So you'll need an amp that gives you 270 to 300 Watt RMS power (not PMPO) & has impedance of 8 Ohm. Also make sure that it has 2 stereo channel outputs (one for front left & other for front right). If you also want to use both rear surround speakers, then you need to tell us rear/surround speakers' wattage in RMS as that detail is not available in that UK manual.

Attachments

• Amp.jpg
    Amp.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Speakers.jpg
    Speakers.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I was not advertising the product. Some people here were looking for such a thing so I suggested it as it a good product.

And if I was actually advertising my product as u think, my post would have been deleted by the mods.

This forum has many good moderators and members who can take care of the chaos so you do not need to be bothered about it. I have been a part of this forum for nearly 3 years and I very well know what can be posted and what cannot. This is a public forum any thread being started is public anything being posted here is for the public so please do not treat any thread you start as your personal and suggested people what to post and what not to post.

Hey Ketan, You may think, i gave up accepting my fault. You know what, i argue or even fight face to face ONLY. I don't spent time arguing virtually. And after all, Earth is an imperfect place & will always be cause we can't except everyone to behave righteously. So instead arguing you, i prefer to remain silent.

Peace.......

Hi sarith,
The model no is SONY MHC-V818. Theres nothing written on the back side of front speakers however on the surround speakers it was written as 4 ohms.
Regards
Vaibhav

Sorry for replying late. I saw a video of these speakers and I think a normal 100+100 (200 watt) watt stereo amp would do the job.

Hi guys!

Sorry for very late reply!

I've paired a car amp JVC KS-AX3204 with speakers of MHC-WZ80D and it works charm! I powered amp through old pc PSU.

Anyone can try this cheap way instead spending thousandths.

Thanks everyone who guided me here...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back