I want a Sub Klispch or Polk or ?

Krish82

Hi,

I am planning to buy a good subwoofer. I auditioned the Polk Audio DSW Pro 600 thought it to be good until i listened to Klispch Sub 10", The Klispch was sending shock waves all around the 350 sqft showroom.With the Polk,i felt that it was never on (may be the settings were set wrong).

Well the Klispch Sub 10 is really worth the money @ about 20K.
The Polk is 30K.
i enquired to Audio people in chennai, they said Klispch sub 12 is 38k with 10% discount.Should i wait save another 10k and go for sub 12?
Is there any other brand that i can audition here in chennai within 30K?

10 mins of demo is not enough for me to decide if the sub is musical or not.So i want the one which is good for movies as well as music.

My Room is around 160 to 180 sqft.
Front : Polk Rti A5
Current Receiver: Onkyo HTIB 340R sounds good with my speakers so planning to upgrade this is withheld for now.
Current Sub: Onkyo Passive, not bad for the HTIB. but my Polk A5 blows it away hands down.

Thanks
Krish

Any sub should not be overly boomy otherwise your listening experience will suffer. Having said that to feel a better effect for some HT movies, you may do 2 things than your current setup.

Introduce a powered sub (first check if your HTiB has a sub out) before making the purchase.

And go for a 12 inch since its only 10K more. YOu will keep this longer and not regret it down the road.

Both Polk (especially PSW line) and Klispch are good brands so also is Energy.

I agree completely marsilians.

Go for a 12". Anything less than a 12" is only a woofer its wrong to call it a sub-woofer

Klipsch may be better because they are know for their very high efficiency but audition them again and see which one plays the lower frequencies better. A sub with deep bass extension may not sound as loud as one with not so deep extension and the latter may sound louder. Go for the one that has deeper bass extension

Ensure both are next to each other, set same crossover levels and phase, play same music through both, and make them play at same volume levels (the polk may need to me turned up more). Now listen, ask someone to alternate the subs and look for which one plays deeper. listen to 2*16 bars of music in each and alternate between two after 2*16 bars (approx 18 sec). it is easier to judge this way

Hi,

I am planning to buy a good subwoofer. I auditioned the Polk Audio DSW Pro 600 thought it to be good until i listened to Klispch Sub 10", The Klispch was sending shock waves all around the 350 sqft showroom.With the Polk,i felt that it was never on (may be the settings were set wrong).

Well the Klispch Sub 10 is really worth the money @ about 20K.
The Polk is 30K.
i enquired to Audio people in chennai, they said Klispch sub 12 is 38k with 10% discount.Should i wait save another 10k and go for sub 12?
Is there any other brand that i can audition here in chennai within 30K?

10 mins of demo is not enough for me to decide if the sub is musical or not.So i want the one which is good for movies as well as music.

My Room is around 160 to 180 sqft.
Front : Polk Rti A5
Current Receiver: Onkyo HTIB 340R sounds good with my speakers so planning to upgrade this is withheld for now.
Current Sub: Onkyo Passive, not bad for the HTIB. but my Polk A5 blows it away hands down.

Thanks
Krish
hi,, i thnk velodyne should be a better choice ,audition if posiible, the CHTR series are very good,,, good luck

hi,, i thnk velodyne should be a better choice ,audition if posiible, the CHTR series are very good,,, good luck

Who deals with them in INdia?

I find the prices mentioned here double of what you can get them for in Dubai!

Who deals with them in INdia?

I find the prices mentioned here double of what you can get them for in Dubai!

hi definetly the prices r much lesser in UAE, in chennai ,,,,,,jst refer to WHAT HI FI sound n vision november issue theres a lot of information on dealers and demorooms in india

I think you guys are right. Because i am gonna keep it for long time, the 12" is always the better choice.:)

Well if i can spend around 34k for a Klipsch i dont mind to beg, borrow or steal to buy a velodyne. if i get it around 40k for 12".

Can someone specify velodyne prices in india with model no and city, will be helpful.

Thanks

I think the Velodyne CHT 12 is for 40k INR - or so I have been told. I don't know who deals in this brand though!

Please cross-check which Klipsch sub price has been given by The Audio People. The Synergy Sub12 is selling for a bit less than 24K at sumaria.co.in
Klipsch Reference series 12" costs around 38K.

I have seen the price in sumaria, but i dont know how consistantly they update ther prices. I spoke to Audio people chennai who gave me this pricing.I will go to their showroom and have a look. Sumaria doesnt ships to chennai, may be i have to travel to mumbai and get the sub.Will call sumaria and the audio people and post the prices.

Thanks
Krish

Raghunath is right. Use specs only as pointers but take the final decision with what you hear

Also Krish, keep in mind that a sub for movies might not necessarily be good for music. So audition one with what your priority is

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back