I want to be a dealer of HIFI AV / HT component.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nimishhome Congratulations. Do you have a demo room in Mumbai? What brands do you carry?
Currently not but it is my first goal. and i have Q Acoustics, Sonodyne, Polk, Denon, Marantz and other brands as per demand.

And some space issue, not keeping any stock with me. i doing this by Home.

After that some struggling in this field, I had paused this due to the some financial issue. But now (three months back) i have taken dealership from one distributor in Mumbai.

regards
Nimish

Hearty congratulations nimish...glad you are following your heart :)
I wish I could do the same, but bread and butter matters. So fondly wishing you all the best :)

Hi

As a customer you need to visit all the dealers in the area (the ones who dont know you are their competition) and note down the experience and brands available.....see the pros and cons......Have proven setups available for set budgets for a beginner or experience customer.....also a bit of mix and match will help.......

Given todays competition and the number of dealers (physical / online), its a tough battle....as a customer, I see that there are few or no honest dealers who are not customer friendly.....irrespective if I buy or not a product....the experience matters to some....a dealer should not push the wrong product to me which does not fulfill my expectations or requirements......a dealer should have ample knowledge and keep upgrading himself to be on top of the rest....all have internet at their fingertips....knowledge is available over Google....so no B*** S*** should be given to the customer.....

Pricing does matter to everyone....irrespective of being rich or normal....it is the state of mind and practicality one would follow to own a system and the kind of system....some want to add a system for decor or glamour purposes....some really want to enjoy the HT/Audio experience at home and some also want value for money spent....all customers are different and have expectations which need to be managed,,,,,

If you have enough capital to invest.......try to establish something unique which appeals to the masses......as business grows.....I have seen dealers struggle to sustain customers...especially the older ones who have helped making the dealer known and reputable....it is critical to maintain good relationships....remember it is not only 100% about the money.....simple law....Treat me bad....I will go elsewhere.....get the best.....also possibly bad mouth you...... after all Customer is King......

All the best!

Do the acoustics, seating, speaker placements right.
I haven't seen a home theater demo room with proper seating position no matter how expensive their systems are.
For example none should be seated near to any of the walls of the room.

Don't use big speakers with silly AVRs.
Its like feeding grass to Lions.
Do research on content and don't Force the customer to listen to those concert videos. He has come for a home theater system and not stereo speakers.

Don't use screens which look like a 65 inch TV.
Size matters here. It will add to the experience. Even if the customer has come for speakers.

You should have good knowledge about all this. I haven't seen any speaker store guy with enough knowledge. I end up teaching them a few things.
You can learn only if you are really passionate.

List is long.. but will end it here for this time

Btw even I wish to start a company. But will do once I gain knowledge I'm satisfied with. I have spent more than a thousand hours reading about all this stuff.

Whether we will get good profit if it is franchise to existing shop / stand-alone dealers. (For new business start)

After that some struggling in this field, I had paused this due to the some financial issue. But now (three months back) i have taken dealership from one distributor in Mumbai.

regards
Nimish

Congratulations Nimish. Do update details here about your new venture.

In India, it isnt easy as running a business in Europe or the US. most house hold in US or Europe has some hifi stuff, in India the audience is very less... its tough to educate people from 2.1s. Its tougher to convince them that these old school big speakers really make sense. Even the people who are rich most of them are happy with their Boses as their purpose is well get done with them - Showoff, that I can afford a Bose.
I am still trying to convince a dear friend who is revelling in saudi oil money to consider something other than a bose soundlink revolve plus o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back