ICE for 20k with 2din HU

[email protected]

Hello Gurus,

I will be getting my I10 delivered this Sunday and have to decide upon the HU and the speakers. My budget is 20K.

HU: 2din HU, as single din does not look great on I10's dashboard.
There is speaker provision on the doors of my I10, now that a big problem for me. The front and the back door will only allow 4" speakers :(

My plan is to opt for Comp speakers for the front door, strictly only 4" speakers.

On the back I shall opt for co-axils of 6-9", which will be on the parcel tray.
No plans for Amp, sub at the moment.

Please suggest HU, front speakers. For rear I have JBL GTO-949 in mind.

Thanks,
Senthil

Last edited:
1) Sony WX-GT77UI
2) JVC KW-R400
3) Pioneer UB6050
4) Pioneer UB6050

Thank you, Arunsankar,
I shall decide between Pioneer UB6050 and JVC KW-R500.

Also, I read in carwale that I10 front door have provisions for "5.25 speakers, where as my dealer says its just 4". I10 owners can you please help me here.

Hi Senthil,

First of all hearty congrats for the new car !

I don't know much about the HUs as I was not in mkt for the HU. Generally Alpine are considered best but they are bit expensive. But you will not go wrong with either Kenwood, JVC or Pio.

I think i10 accepts 5.25" speakers, pls recheck with dealer or with aftermarket accessory shops.

I don't know what kind of sound you generally prefer but my suggestions for speakers would be as follows;

Infinity Reference / Primus - If you prefer relatively laid back sound
JBL GTO - these are slightly forward (to my taste) compared to Infy
Focal (sorry dont know the series) - Some find these bright, some like its sweet treble.
There are other brands as well e.g. Hertz, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Ground Zero, Illusion, Polks, Rainbow etc. but I have not heard them so do not have any opinion yet. Although reviews for mid and high end Hertz, RF, & Rainbow are very good.

Pair of Comps (for front) will be around Rs6 to 9K, coax (for rear) around Rs3 to 4k. I am not sure if there are any good 2din HUs within Rs 8 to 10k. You will also need some additional bucks for wiring if car does not come with factory fitted wiring.

I would strongly recommend you to audition the speakers to ensure you like what you hear !

All the best with your quest for better sound... Drive Safe !

thank you, nikhiltadsare!

Finalizing on the JBL Speakers (GTO 0949 and the GTO 609C).

Still not decided with the Head unit :(.
Considering the Pio 6050
Kenwood dpx5120u

Sir, I suggest you pio 2490BT, all in 1, only hiccup,supports only .avi also plays divx, I have it in my wagonR, I have not touched the remote till today, it's VFM

Sent from my iPhone.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back