ICE reco for Honda City Corporate Edition

fire_blade

Dear All,

I have got the delivery of my Honda City CE last week and i am looking out for a nice ICE setup.

My Criteria -

Aesthetics(Most Important)
Touch screen
Good SQ
Navigation (can trade off if i can connect my Android phone and use its map ex- AppMode etc)
BT calling facility
W/o any cutting of wires

I have came across few options -

OEM solutions:
Caska
Megaaudio

After market: (Does these can be fitted w/o cutting of any wires?)
Pioneer (avh-x5590bt)
JVC(KW-AV70BT)
Kenwood(DDX and DNX series)

Will greatly appreciate if you guys can share your views on the above options.

Pioneer 5590 Bt seems like the new model. I personally own the 2012 model and i can vouch for it. Gr8 SQ and has all the features that you asked for. I had compared it against the jvc and found the pioneer to be better when paired with my focal speakers(components). JVC went well with the rocford fosgate's.
Dont buy oem's

Hey thanks for your inputs.

Can pioneer HUs be fitted in a plug n play manner as the OEM solutions in Honda City? As i don't want any wires to be cut.

When i inquired the accessory guy at Honda Dealer he told me that Pioneer HUs dont fit in right away as the connection to Radio Antenna is not compatible with Honda. I don't believe him unless i verify this myself :p

Also How is the compatibility of Pioneer with Android phones?

My pioneer is connected to my Xperia S all the time. dad has a nexus and works perfectly too. Gf has blackberry and that too works perfectly. In short, it all works just fine.

Coming to your wiring query, since you got the corporate edition, i believe it comes without speakers, aka without wiring. One of the main connectors is connected to the HU. Its not wire cutting but a new wire is installed in any car when u add a HU to a car that doesnt have a pre installed HU. Unless Honda is providing with all interior wiring's, which i seriously doubt. But honestly its no big deal, the whole thing takes abt 15 mins.

Why r u so worried abt wiring? Get it done from a professional and u will be good to go in no time. Make sure u get basic damping done too. What u have to be careful of is the main line which connects the HU to the power outlet. If you get that wrong, any double Din will drain out your battery in no time.

Get ur autocop, ICE, fog lamps, etc everything from outside. honda charges 16k for fog lamps, from outside the same original lamp costs 4K.

Get the parking sensors installed from Honda though. It will ensure that your color remains intact and secondly their sensor is of excellent quality.

Also any and all double din HU fit honda perfectly. Ill send you a pic if i get the time by tomorrow. They remove the chrome plate irst and fit the hu and re install the frame. Be around when its done to ensure it's fitted properly.

Last edited:
Sorry to jump in.....bro...i have the first model honda city and i need to replace the 'Clarion' brand speakers from the doors....do you know where to get them? They are no longer selling it at Honda spares anywhere in Hyderabad...

I love the original speakers because they produce a very clean and balanced sound.....but now one of them is rattling and low freq sounds is somewhat distorting...

Last edited:
Hey thanks for your inputs.

Can pioneer HUs be fitted in a plug n play manner as the OEM solutions in Honda City? As i don't want any wires to be cut.

When i inquired the accessory guy at Honda Dealer he told me that Pioneer HUs dont fit in right away as the connection to Radio Antenna is not compatible with Honda. I don't believe him unless i verify this myself :p

Also How is the compatibility of Pioneer with Android phones?

I suggest you can go to Evo @ Cambridge Layout and meet Satya very knowledgeable and good guy. I got my i20 company head unit replaced with Pioneer 3200BT couple of years back thru him. It does not fit perfectly as there is a gap and the same was filled up with the kit that I got it later on. Before I got the kit Satya had put a rectangle piece of plastic specifically made for i20 which also looked good to fill the extra gap with the 2-DIN head unit. Not sure about Honda City, you can give it a try.

Thanks

Thanks all of you for your replies. I have got the ICE setup for my Honda City last weekend.

As suggested by @manniraj and other forums i got it done at EVO Indiranagar. I visited a day before installation and met with Satya, he asked me about my listening preference and suggested me the speakers - Rockford Fosgate Components and Coaxials, Prime series, Cerwin Vega and Arc Audio. To my luck there was a car with Rockford Fosgate speakers installed, listened to it and it sounded to my taste.

Here is my setup -
HU - Pioneer AVH-X5590BT
Front Component - Rockford Fosgate R165 S
Back Coaxial - Rockford Fosgate R1653

Initial Impression on HU:
Nice crisp display.
Easy to use menus.
Love the MIXTRAX feature (Your personal DJ)
Good SQ
Bluetooth connectivity is seamless, able to make calls as well as listen music via bluetooth

Any idea will Pioneer AVH-X5590BT connects to a Android Phone via APPMODE? I have seen in their US website many of their models connects to Android phone via APPMODE.

Let me know your views on my setup and again thanks alot for your valuable inputs.

Sorry for the bad news man, it doesn't support Android phones via APPMODE. Last year Pioneer and Apple agreed upon working together to integrate iPhone with their HU's and deliver an awesome product which happens to be the 5590BT and APPRADIO2(only U.S). With the CD-IU201S cable you can access apps and videos from any iPhone or iPad. Sadly no Android. Only SONY HU's have android integration as far as i know.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back