Idea for earning money to cover costs of HFV maintenance

jitubisht

Hey Mods and all the other fellow members..

I tried to search about this and could not find a discussion regarding it. I am a noob and have no idea how the site is running(as in who is paying for the costs of running this site). I did notice the link to donate and some ad banners, however not sure if we have been able to cover the costs. I dont even know if HFV is privately held by anyone or if it is registered as a non profit company. I am not even sure who all are moderators of the forum.

Being a noob, I am also not sure if I am going beyond my league to suggest this, please excuse if this is not a good idea and not in the best of interests of this forum. But I can assure you I have good intentions.

Being a big fan of Amazon, I am aware of a certain AmazonAssociates program that they have. Under this program, we can post link to any products in Amazon and earn a certain %age of cost off it from Amazon(like a commission). Basically, our forums will have link to the product page in Amazon, when anybody clicks on that link to that product and do end up buying it.. Amazon credits a certain %age of the cost of that product to HFV's Amazon account. There are many of us in this forum who buy stuff from Amazon, why not encourage everyone to go through the link on our site and make the purchase, hence helping us keeping this site alive.

Its just a thought, I am not sure how exactly it works internally at Amazon. Don't know the tax complications of earning money through that route. But I thought of it and thought I'd share. Please share your opinions.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back