Ideal Speakers for Ayon Spark 3?

agasthya14

Hi,
A friend of mine recently bought an Ayon Spark 3 Single Ended Triode Tube amplifier. He is searching for a good pair of speakers for them, preferably good bookshelf speakers.If anybody has previous experience with the amplifier, would you kindly recommend a good pair of speakers for him?
Thanks in Advance,
Agasthya

Triode mode gives you 20 watts which is quite good for a SET. But don't expect miracles if you pair them with a typical bookshelf speaker. Most of them are quite inefficient unless you specifically look for the tube amp friendly ones. If you raise the sensitivity of bookshelf speakers, you typically land up with speakers which "lack bass response" or with " large " bookshelf speakers. The fairly large book shelf speakers from Harbeth seems to work well with tube amps. Audionote is another good example.

Triode mode gives you 20 watts which is quite good for a SET. But don't expect miracles if you pair them with a typical bookshelf speaker. Most of them are quite inefficient unless you specifically look for the tube amp friendly ones. If you raise the sensitivity of bookshelf speakers, you typically land up with speakers which "lack bass response" or with " large " bookshelf speakers. The fairly large book shelf speakers from Harbeth seems to work well with tube amps. Audionote is another good example.
I understand sir, How would an ATC match with it? Something like the SCM7 perhaps?

If the budget can go higher I have a fantastic AvantGarde SR3 by Audio Vector (about a year old) for sale. Price is 5L though. But would be superb for this (and any other) amp. New retails for around 9.75L.

If the budget can go higher I have a fantastic AvantGarde SR3 by Audio Vector (about a year old) for sale. Price is 5L though. But would be superb for this (and any other) amp. New retails for around 9.75L.
Oh sorry sir, he won't be able to go for that much, good deal though :)

Look at Rethm speakers.. Your friend might find something.

Indian made and great-sounding

You can contact rethm owner Jacob and discuss your requirement

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back