Ideal viewing distance for a 75 inch tv ?

Kush123

My couch is 12 feet away from the wall . Should i go for 65" or 75" inch tv ? Will 75 be too big for it ?

My couch is 12 feet away from the wall . Should i go for 65" or 75" inch tv ? Will 75 be too big for it ?
I have a similar viewing distance and 65 sometimes is just enough. I sometimes have longed for 75. But from 65 to 75 might not be a smart idea to upgrade and to notice any difference will require 85" tv upgrade. So go for 75" as you would not want to go for any further upgrades later on.

If it's 4k, the closer you are to a bigger screen the better. Traditional distances don't matter. After a certain distance it's tough to differentiate between a full hd and a 4k. So get the biggest you can afford and install.

MaSh

75 inch for sure. im currently seated 8 feet away from my 65 inch screen and it looks smaller than my 14 inch laptop screen (placed on my lap) from which im typing.

My viewing distance is approx 8 feet from the 65" TV which I find just about ok.

However, I would prefer to sit at least 10-12 feet away from the TV but have not been sanctioned more space by the Home minister.:)
The strange reason behind this is that the TV looks bigger as I move away. If I am sitting close, the 65" size doesn't look much bigger than my 40" TV but the 65" size becomes apparent when I move much further away.

My viewing distance is approx 8 feet from the 65" TV which I find just about ok.

However, I would prefer to sit at least 10-12 feet away from the TV but have not been sanctioned more space by the Home minister.:)
The strange reason behind this is that the TV looks bigger as I move away. If I am sitting close, the 65" size doesn't look much bigger than my 40" TV but the 65" size becomes apparent when I move much further away.
That's odd...

Normally screen size is judged on the angle of view.. And as you move away the angle of view decreases..

That's odd...

Normally screen size is judged on the angle of view.. And as you move away the angle of view decreases..
Oh please don't think that way. I am not saying TV becomes bigger when I move away. :D

What I wanted to say is that from a closer distance the full potential of its size is not apparent atleast to my eyes.

From

View attachment 51267
What a lot of people fail to understand is, 43" UHD tvs are super good.
They have the right size to fit almost any room, PPI rivaling the 8k TVs and hides a lot of compression and upscaling artifacts owing to size. Will be super good for even poor quality content.
Lot of people neglect these because they are cheap and the next size upgrade is very close. They have their own place since they have the highest PPI of any TV. I have the experience of seeing one and it is very very good.

I see most of you are suggesting for 75" but the price is just double
65"q80T- 2,00,000
75"q80R (2019 model but better) is 4,20,000.
What would have u done being in my position ??

You didn't put a price constraint in your original question. You asked for size, people gave opinion.

If you do have a cost constraint then a 75in will never be an option.

I have a 55in pathetic TV in my living room and I am looking to upgrade to 75in, (just because I know 65in won't cut it), and I am not able to find something within 2L range.

65"q80T- 2,00,000
75"q80R (2019 model but better) is 4,20,000.
What would have u done being in my position ??
You can get last year x950g 75 for 3.5 (or less but stocks may not be available everywhere) or this year x950h for 3.75(after bargaining). Those are your best bet in getting 75 FALD. If FALD is not necessary then can look for x8000h which has IPS but Dled and is around 2 lakh. There is no other option in 75 which can give you better price to value ratio than these two models. Samsung this year has been pathetic with tvs outright overpriced. Yes price of 75 will be double than the price of 65 same/similar speced TV. India is not a market for 75 as of now and there is hardly any competetion to the top 3 brands from each other or from low tier brands in this segment.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back