Ideal viewing distance for a 75 inch tv ?

I see most of you are suggesting for 75" but the price is just double
65"q80T- 2,00,000
75"q80R (2019 model but better) is 4,20,000.
What would have u done being in my position ??
I would,
1) Forget samsung exists.
2) Get a 65" sony for 1.5L.
3) Get a 75" for <2L in 2 years.(If US prices are any indication, even next year).
And end up with 2 good tvs for the same price of a 75" today, possibly saving some money in the process.

Also, I would not start a thread and see the prices after few days of starting a thread.

I would,
1) Forget samsung exists.
2) Get a 65" sony for 1.5L.
3) Get a 75" for <2L in 2 years.(If US prices are any indication, even next year).
And end up with 2 good tvs for the same price of a 75" today, possibly saving some money in the process.

Also, I would not start a thread and see the prices after few days of starting a thread.
75 inch FALDs below 2 lakh is not gonna happen in next 2 years. It would take many more years than that. US market is entirely a different market with liberal laws of taxation high purchasing power and more consumer centric. You cannot compare that with Indian market at all. I am seeing pricing of 75 in India since last year or so and the general pricing of 75 has not moved even an inch. The companies release their latest 75 inch models with same price tag of last year or in some case even at higher price tag.

Also, gone are the days where you can buy a good tv model after two years of its launch with reduced price as now they run out of stock by next year or so.

Currently in India 55 and 65 inch are the fastest moving high end TV segment and you can see general price drop in these models. But 75 is not gonna happen that much soon.

I have a 43 inch UHD from Sony and find it good from 10-12 feet. Of course 55 inch would be better but the price difference! If you ask me, a 55 inch is ideal for our living rooms and anything bigger might look odd unless you have a dedicated media room(then also the matter of a good 4K projector comes in).
Also, you need to feed higher quality content to bigger TVs. The quality of content in various streaming services are nothing of that sort - let alone DTH services.

But again, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

75 inch FALDs below 2 lakh is not gonna happen in next 2 years. It would take many more years than that. US market is entirely a different market with liberal laws of taxation high purchasing power and more consumer centric. You cannot compare that with Indian market at all. I am seeing pricing of 75 in India since last year or so and the general pricing of 75 has not moved even an inch. The companies release their latest 75 inch models with same price tag of last year or in some case even at higher price tag.

Also, gone are the days where you can buy a good tv model after two years of its launch with reduced price as now they run out of stock by next year or so.

Currently in India 55 and 65 inch are the fastest moving high end TV segment and you can see general price drop in these models. But 75 is not gonna happen that much soon.

Same thing can be said for 65" 2 years ago.
Also, what happened in the past is irrelevant since you are forgeting the current scenario of competetion from Hisense and TCL which drove the prices down in the US. If history has to be believed, indian prices will meet the US prices 2 years down the line on average. Maximum 3 and minimum 1 year.

Iam pretty sure a H9G successor will be released in India within 2 years and will come in 75", even if it is double the price of 65U80, it wont cross 2L in current prices itself. This will create a chain reaction and pull down prices of other 75" FALDs to 2L range or make them perish. Same is the story of x9000h in US. Will mostly happen in india in 2 years.

Even VU has already launched a 85" FALD for 3.5L. Hisense is the provider and nothing stops them to release a 75" Toshiba FALD for 2L today let alone next year.

Once the US market has certain demand, the technology is already mass produced and the only thing remaining is logistics of bringing to india. Same applies for 75" FALD.

Ofcouse no one can predict future but the above is a most likely scenario.

Last edited:
Same thing can be said for 65" 2 years ago.
Also, what happened in the past is irrelevant since you are forgeting the current scenario of competetion from Hisense and TCL which drove the prices down in the US. If history has to be believed, indian prices will meet the US prices 2 years down the line on average. Maximum 3 and minimum 1 year.

Iam pretty sure a H9G successor will be released in India within 2 years and will come in 75", even if it is double the price of 65U80, it wont cross 2L in current prices itself. This will create a chain reaction and pull down prices of other 75" FALDs to 2L range or make them perish. Same is the story of x9000h in US. Will mostly happen in india in 2 years.

Even VU has already launched a 85" FALD for 3.5L. Hisense is the provider and nothing stops them to release a 75" Toshiba FALD for 2L today let alone next year.

Once the US market has certain demand, the technology is already mass produced and the only thing remaining is logistics of bringing to india. Same applies for 75" FALD.

Ofcouse no one can predict future but the above is a most likely scenario.
I agree with you if VU/HISENSE-TOSHIBA launch there 75 inch FALDs in India then the 75 inch tvs market will become competitive as there is almost no competition in that screen size at the moment. But still i have my own reservations that sony and samsung will make available their 75 inch FALD sets for less than 2 lakh in two years. Even today in US, with so much of competition from TCL/ Vizio, 75 inch tvs are almost double the price of 65 inch tvs. If that ratio is maintained by the big 3 in India then as per you 65 inch FALDs will go less than a lakh from the big 3 in coming 2 years. It appears not possible for me at the moment with the current taxation (5% bcd+18%cvd/igst on open cell imports and 28%gst after assembly) . But yeah no one can predict future. In India, pricing of electronics/ electrical appliances should come in line with that in other countries.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back