If i bring PS3 from canada...

Vagabond

Dear all,

If i bring PS3 from canada will it ok in india i mean in terms of games and blue ray discs?

Also if anyone has bought from there let me know the price range there, so as to compare with price here in India...

Advice me related pros/cons...

You will need to purchase a separate power cable, since the one you get from Canada will have the power cable from that region. You will not need a transformer since the PS3 accepts worldwide voltage.

However, your PS3 will be region-locked for DVDs and blu-rays. DVD Region 1 and Blu-Ray Region A. You will be able to play region-free DVDs and blu-rays but you will need to check the discs before buying, whether they are region-free or not. If you already have a collection, I would advise you to go through it and check whether the discs that you have are region-free or not.

With regard to games, the PS3 games do have a region code printed on the box, but they are region-free. They will play on all PS3s.

Hence, the DVD and blu-ray region coding is the only thing which you should be worried about, in my opinion.

18990/- on lets buy , you can add a cpn and make it 17990/- with move bundle and 2 games free. :)

thanks buddy,

btw can u tell the use of 320gb HDD here?

doest it allows us to download ps3 games via torrents and copy it to 320 gb and then play from hdd??

can u store music,media files in that 320gb ?

if yes similarly can u attach another hdd to this device?

please guide...

You can't download games to your HDD from torrents and play. HDD is used to store game data, music and other multimedia stuff. Trust me 160 GB would be fine. You can add any 2.5" HD sometime later to the PS3 with ease.
Before taking the plunge asess whether you can afford the games which costs range from 1500 to 3000. JBing PS3 is possible only for specific firmwares.

pl note that the warranty wont be valid here .. sony india refuses to repair ps3s which were not bought in india . I have a ps3 which is not working .. have already spent 1/2 the price repairing it( not thru sony tho).

why go thru the hassle of bringing it all the way ? Why dont u buy one here itself ?

IMHO there is not a huge saving now as SONY slashed the prices in India too. Stepdown/Warranty/Service are not worth risking unless there is huge savings. Buy from India and be free for a year , later GOD help ya.:lol:;)

well thanks all around for helpful info....

yesterday i checked in orbit mall ...

its quoted at 19k...

Can i use hard disk as media player ?

i mean playing music/video with digital formats ??

That's a great pricing.
Sony sure has got the price down.
I went all the way to Singapore just 6 months back to buy the PS3 for even more.
But they are clear at the pricing of games.
That's what gives the profit I guess.

@ PAWAN547

Yes its an ultimate media center.
You can use the hard disk to store 320 GB of data.
Movies, Music, Pictures.

You can directly play movies, songs, images from the stored HD
You can browse internet, youtube streaming.
You can link it to you computer and play all the data on your computer onto the TV via the PS3.
Its worth all the money

Last edited:
It was hand-delivered by Letsbuy.com own delivery staff (no courier). BTW, I am in Gurgaon and letsbuy's office is in Delhi.

Pavan, i have a PS3 from USA and to be safe am using it with 220V-110V 4KVA transformer (drive other devices with it as well, hence the higher power rating).

I have been buying region free blu-ray DVDs here (reliance and many others release region free discs). Most of the bollywood DVDs i have bought are region free.

So plan to use my PS3 as long as it runs and then probably switch to the local version if it becomes a pain to buy region-free discs.

Since i have collection from US which are all for US region (region 1 for DVD and region C for blu-ray), might need to buy a player that can play all region discs.

PS3 in india can only play local region discs. This is something you might want to consider if you already have a PS3 being used in canada.

Pavan, i have a PS3 from USA and to be safe am using it with 220V-110V 4KVA transformer (drive other devices with it as well, hence the higher power rating).

I have been buying region free blu-ray DVDs here (reliance and many others release region free discs). Most of the bollywood DVDs i have bought are region free.

So plan to use my PS3 as long as it runs and then probably switch to the local version if it becomes a pain to buy region-free discs.

Since i have collection from US which are all for US region (region 1 for DVD and region C for blu-ray), might need to buy a player that can play all region discs.

PS3 in india can only play local region discs. This is something you might want to consider if you already have a PS3 being used in canada.

US Blu-Ray's are Region A and not C. Indian Blu-Ray's are Region C, and EU Blu-Ray's are Region B!

A PS3 purchased locally (i.e. India) will only play Region C Blu-Rays.

You can link it to you computer and play all the data on your computer onto the TV via the PS3.
Its worth all the money

Hey, can you elaborate the above part? I have a PS3, but do not know how to do it:)

US Blu-Ray's are Region A and not C. Indian Blu-Ray's are Region C, and EU Blu-Ray's are Region B!

A PS3 purchased locally (i.e. India) will only play Region C Blu-Rays.

Last week, my cousin brought me a game from the UK. The box says Region 2 (which should be Region B). And guess what, I can play the game:clapping: I haven't checked it with UK region DVD and Blu Ray movies though.

My question is if my PS3 plays games from the Region 2/B, it should play Region 2/B movies too (on Blu Ray), right?:confused: If that is possible, I can ask my cousin to get a few more when he goes back to the UK.

Btw, I got my PS3 from the dutyfree shop in Bangalore International Airport

Last edited:
PS3 is region free for games only for Bluray's it is region coded. May be you have the UK or Europe version. Another friend bought from the same nuance store in airport, his was europe.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back