Importing minidsp - customs?

if you check the minidsp website, you'll find two indian dealers listed
https://diyaudiocart.com/ is run by FM bibin3210 on the forum
miniDSp products are in stock with Rahul Commerce in Pune nitin suryavanshi +91 98229 57421. nitin at rahulcom dot com

@Dev.R Have you done anything with it yet? Do post before and after impressions. Thanks.

Hi tuff.
I purchased the minidsp to use it as an active crossover for my Altec.
My initial impressions are very good.
Yet to explore the other features of minidsp.

Thanks for the update. Have you used the room correction yet? how did you set the crossover?

Thanks for the update. Have you used the room correction yet? how did you set the crossover?

Not yet used the room correction.
Setting the crossover in minidsp is quite simple.
You have options like Butterworth, linkwitz etc and a lot of eq options too.
I use(d) Butterworth 2 nd order for sometime and now playing with passive crossover.

Thanks. I haven't ever purchased electronics from abroad so am not sure how customs works, but I was under the impression that within a certain price limit you could carry personal electronics duty free. At least people bring phones and tablets for relatives all the time. Not sure if it is legal or not. I'll read more on it.
I'm going to Belgium soon to visit a relative, and there it is available at local vendors at a reasonable rate.
Hey

I am.also visiting Belgium soon. My plan is to buy a pre and ppwer amps from there. The custom things is blocking me to think 8n that direction. I tried to find out the custom rate but no concrete information.

Vat on goods bought in Europe can be refunded at the airport if the sale price is more than 175 Euros provided you get the vat refund form from the dealer/ seller. The vat is around 20%

Where in Belgium that's available? Antwerp?

Diyaudiocart are now the authorised sellers of minidsp. They don't seem to have all the models available though.

I bought a minidsp 2x4hd and loving it. The best purchase I have ever made. Now looking for the nano digi. Unfortunately nanodigi is not available in India.

MaSh

HI Mash JI,
Thanks for the review and we are working to bring more items, since the Indian market volume is less we are specific in selecting models.
Diyaudiocart is yours? Do try to get the nanodigi which is all digital input output unit.

MaSh

@bibin3210, are you from diyaudiocart? Any idea when nanodigi would be in stock? Any other minidsp product coming?

MaSh

Back