Impressions of the REL Predator HT 1508 - from a home user's point of view

Hello all, I recently made the purchase of getting the Rel HT 1508 sub woofer. And I can fully attest to OP's review. The Rel kicks some serious a**. I upgraded from SVS PB 2000 PRO series sub. The SVS was great for what it was. It performed well for moves and music. However, it lacked the punch and/or slam that the Rel produces. The bass quality on the Rel compared to the SVS is just better in nearly every regard. The bass is super clean, controlled and fast. Moreover, there is plenty of headroom to tweak the sub to suit your needs (music & movies) and the sub pairs perfectly with my current speakers (Kef 4x Q950, 1x Q650, 2x Q350, 2x Q50a).

If you have a chance to demo these out, please do and hear for yourself. The SVS 2000 Pro is no slouch by any means but this Rel 1508 is better in nearly every aspect. I cant wait to add a 2nd one.

Last edited:
Hello all, I recently made the purchase of getting the Rel HT 1508 sub woofer. And I can fully attest to OP's review. The Rel kicks some serious a**. I upgraded from SVS PB 2000 PRO series sub. The SVS was great for what it was. It performed well for moves and music. However, it lacked the punch and/or slam that the Rel produces. The bass quality on the Rel compared to the SVS is just better in nearly every regard. The bass is super clean, controlled and fast. Moreover, there is plenty of headroom to tweak the sub to suit your needs (music & movies) and the sub pairs perfectly with my current speakers (Kef 4x Q950, 1x Q650, 2x Q350, 2x Q50a).

If you have a chance to demo these out, please do and hear for yourself. The SVS 2000 Pro is no slouch by any means but this Rel 1508 is better in nearly every aspect. I cant wait to add a 2nd one.
Congratulations Karan. Sorry, saw your thread today. I am sure you will have a great time with it.

Prices in India on this sub seem to have increased by more than 50% since last year. Very unfortunate!
Very true Nagaraj, in approx 2 to 3 months after buying it has gone up. Weird part is that it has gone up in India only.
At that price here, there may be better options available.

Last edited:
Bro, time to upgrade and hand me down the 1508 :p
Hi K-pad,

I would have gladly handed it over to you if not for the shocking escalated prices of Subwoofers these days. The facial expression of simple audio enthusiasts like me reminds me of this old tv commercial especially at the end of it after knowing the prices.

On a serious note, after having it for slightly more than a year, I am very happy with it for the room size & my needs & have no plans of changing it in a long time till it works properly. :)
I am sure your 1205 will serve you well . Is your gear finally setup at your new place ?

Regards,
Nitin

Low prices are to promote the product..
Once it gains traction.. prices are increased ..
Weird part was, the HT1508 was consistent at approx 1700 usd for a very long time outside India on various sites including Amazon.com. Infact at Adorama it was offered for 1000 usd as a promo for some time.
It is only in India that the prices shot up unreasonably. The same can be said about other subwoofer brands too.

Weird part was, the HT1508 was consistent at approx 1700 usd for a very long time outside India on various sites including Amazon.com. Infact at Adorama it was offered for 1000 usd as a promo for some time.
It is only in India that the prices shot up unreasonably. The same can be said about other subwoofer brands too.
I was talking about the pricing strategy in India

Yes , I did mention to them & had emailed an image of the sub on the wooden base too. I did see the Blue tack video of John Hunter. But I don't see any gap between the sub's feet & the wooden base it rest on, plus the base is very firm on the floor. I may try keeping the sub directly on the floor one of these days when I feel my energy levels are high but that would mean another workout for me.:D

My Rel Predator is wobbly too. It moves slowly towards the left. Many thanks for this info @Nitin K ! Thankfully the blu tack is just a few hundred Rupees and available easily on Amazon - I was dreading that it was another “audiophile accessory” easily costing thousands 😂

My Rel Predator is wobbly too. It moves slowly towards the left. Many thanks for this info @Nitin K ! Thankfully the blu tack is just a few hundred Rupees and available easily on Amazon - I was dreading that it was another “audiophile accessory” easily costing thousands 😂
Hi Nagaraj,

lt may happen due to uneven floor level.
Glad that blue tack helped to keep the Predator's feet levelled with the floor. It's a nice economical option thanks to John Hunter's tips :)
Another option is to put the sub on a rubber gym tile which may cost around ₹ 700 from Amazon.

Regards,
Nitin

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back