In a budget of 10 to 15k for drivers alone, what's the best sounding stereo speakers we can build ???

People here start giving there suggestions but are not clear about the subject.This is a big problem and some say they are into diy but donot have indeapth knowledge and latter land on to a failure.

In the field of audio you can save a lot by doing diy but in audio nothing is possible at a low cost if you want quality you have to spend a lot.

hey Flute...i do understand your point. :):)
But please allow me to explain a little ....
I agree with you on the point that brands like Ahuja etc may not be in the league of hifi speakers. They are mostly into public address systems. Out of hundreds of drivers that company makes.... a handful of drivers may be very close to hifi @ their price point. For example.... SK12FRX performes amazingly well for Rs1450 !!! After all....what do we get for 1500 bucks out there?? nearly nothing !! :D:D

Our forum members have success stories with that driver. So I got curious to see what it is.
Even while building, I couldn't digest the fact im expecting hifi sound from Ahuja :rolleyes::rolleyes:
For around 5 to 6k, I built two speakers with that driver, and the performance is 10 times worth its price. Its a lot of fun at a dead cheap price :D. Any way I can't live with it. They have their shortcomings.

So I did some simulations on drivers from Faitalpro, Beyma etc, and tried to buy some drivers that gave nice performance in simulation. Most of the times, either stocks are unavailable or I have to order in bulk.
Can't work with most of the drivers available online because TS parameters is a problem.

So I started this thread hoping that our forum members may direct me towards some tried and tested drivers in their Diy journey. Coming to my design goal.... I mentioned it in my first post of this thread. To put it short, I want to see what best speakers we can build without exceeding 10 to 15k budget for drivers and crossovers. This is my current requirement in this post.

I am sure you may have some very good suggestions on better drivers. But they might be expensive for my current target :D:D

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back