In Market for New AVR (In Delhi NCR)

pranjandas

Dear Fellow members,

My 1.5 years old Pioneer VSX-1131 could not be repaired at Service Center in Delhi. As per their information, Pioneer India has stopped giving warranty/supplying parts to the service center since the last 15 days. So anyone thinking about buying a Pioneer AVR should think twice. The service center final quote for repairing blew up HDMI Board was whopping 43K! Naturally its not advisable to go with repair. Moreover there is no warranty on this costly repaired part.

I am in the market for my new AVR. The speaker set up is 7.1. Speakers are mostly Taga Platinum Series. I have decided NOT to go with an online purchase so as to avoid any warranty claim glitches-at least for an year. Marantz/Denon I have never auditioned. Yamaha, Onkyo & Pioneer I have used previously so know a bit about their sound signatures.

Yamaha RXV 685, RXA 870 availability is there in Delhi through authorized distributor at better price than even online.

Which one to go for--RXV 685 (which has 2 HDMI out, a must feature for me as don't like changing between TV & Projector), any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

My 1.5 years old Pioneer VSX-1131 could not be repaired at Service Center in Delhi. As per their information, Pioneer India has stopped giving warranty/supplying parts to the service center since the last 15 days. So anyone thinking about buying a Pioneer AVR should think twice. The service center final quote for repairing blew up HDMI Board was whopping 43K! Naturally its not advisable to go with repair. Moreover there is no warranty on this costly repaired part.

OMG.. Feel sad for you.. This is ridiculous..43K estimate for a 60K AVR?..

The AVR is less than 2 yrs old and can't believe Pioneer doesn't supply spares.. By trusting the service center word and going for a HDMI in grey market too is risky, coz they wouldn't be sure of the issue..something else might come up after that..

I trusted a local technician and burnt 20K on HDMI board replacement for my Onkyo AVR and he just couldn't get it to work..

@elagoas, which one to go for Yamaha Top model RXV Series (RXV 685) or the base model Aventage Series (RX A870)

Price difference is some 18k

25% off on MRP for Aventage series & 20% on RXV series.

I am confused, what EXTRA advantage does Aventage series give don't know, is there any true discernible sound quality change with Aventage series?

@elagoas, which one to go for Yamaha Top model RXV Series (RXV 685) or the base model Aventage Series (RX A870)

I am confused, what EXTRA advantage does Aventage series give don't know, is there any true discernible sound quality change with Aventage series?

Yamaha also should be fine.. Also check Denon x 3300 & Marantz SR 6012 aval if they are in the same price range..

Dear Fellow members,

I am in the market for my new AVR. The speaker set up is 7.1. Speakers are mostly Taga Platinum Series. I have decided NOT to go with an online purchase so as to avoid any warranty claim glitches-at least for an year. Marantz/Denon I have never auditioned. Yamaha, Onkyo & Pioneer I have used previously so know a bit about their sound signatures.

Yamaha RXV 685, RXA 870 availability is there in Delhi through authorized distributor at better price than even online.

Which one to go for--RXV 685 (which has 2 HDMI out, a must feature for me as don't like changing between TV & Projector), any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Sad to hear this....please post this valuable information around warranty and service in the Pioneers Owners Thread.....

Dear Fellow members,

Thanks in advance.

Dear Fellow members,

Thanks in advance.

As I understand, Pioneer is the process of re-structuring due to the merger with Onkyo. Hence service & parts may get delayed. You may be in touch with your dealer with whom you had purchased it. He should have more info. Hence, all is not lost & you may be still able to revive it.

As I understand, Pioneer is the process of re-structuring due to the merger with Onkyo. Hence service & parts may get delayed. You may be in touch with your dealer with whom you had purchased it. He should have more info. Hence, all is not lost & you may be still able to revive it.

As per the information given by the authorized service center in Delhi, Pioneer has already sent a mail to all its service centers that henceforth no warranty shall be provided on Pioneer AVRs with effect from 31st August 2018. Pioneer has already stopped supplying the spare parts to the service centers.

For my AVR, the service center contact the sole spare parts supplier across India and located in Mumbai. The supplier quoted a price of 43k for the HDMI PCB. Don't know what will be the future of Pioneer AVRs in the country. So everybody please beware!

Hi, can u share Yamaha dealer info pls (Less 25% on MRP) I am looking for Aventage series. Thanks

Hi, Less 25% was offered in the case only one model RXA 870 which Yamaha India has discontinued. For other models you may need to negotiate with the dealer/distributor.

As per the information given by the authorized service center in Delhi, Pioneer has already sent a mail to all its service centers that henceforth no warranty shall be provided on Pioneer AVRs with effect from 31st August 2018. Pioneer has already stopped supplying the spare parts to the service centers.

For my AVR, the service center contact the sole spare parts supplier across India and located in Mumbai. The supplier quoted a price of 43k for the HDMI PCB. Don't know what will be the future of Pioneer AVRs in the country. So everybody please beware!

Congrats on your purchase of the Yamaha AVR. With respect to Pioneer Service, checked out with Pioneer as well as I had recently bought an AVR too and had a query on a certain supposedly software bug. When played on the "Net input", I noticed "no sound" from the speakers. Powering off/on was of no avail. And all of a suddent it would spring back to life. BTW the model is Elite series- VSX- LX 303. Now I understand service is being transitioned to Kripa Electronics, Mumbai who service Denon and other brands too.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back