In pursuit of third dimension

Philippe

Hello everybody ,i am philippe living in france ,I use roon and qobuz with a sotm 200 ultra neo as a streamer,the dac is sanskrit 10th from smsl modified (mainly caps) ,my amp is a lyngdorf tdai 2170 and speakers are Monitor Audio GS20 with Nordost 3m blue heaven cables .i obtained a lot better sound with diy silicon ac cables homemade by a passionate friend of mine.
oelbach stream primus for internet with a tweaked netgear switch with a linear 5v power unit ,the dac and streamer have there own linear supply too all made by the same « current guru »friend . A to micro usb cable are oelbach too. Separate ac line as been a big improvement , nordost qx4 and qb4 with qk1 and Qv2 cleared the sound .Today to improve one more time my system anf the the soundstage i will have the speakers crossovers upgraded entirely ie caps resistors iron coil to air coil binding post and internal connections and cables .If no big improvement i should move to smaller speakers on stands upgraded too ,in fact i foresee more than 5 » woofers(especially 3ways floorstanding)are not always suitable to a 4x3 meters room(13x10ft ).Sound is great ,very precise instuments and vocals give thrills ,total silence between two tracks .i still miss the famous 3D image i dream of .As soon as i found my way ,i will publish.

Welcome Philippe

Well, that was one hell of an introduction.

Could you please elaborate on diy silicon cables thing, especially which cable l, the construction and in which position was it used

Hello everybody ,i am philippe living in france ,I use roon and qobuz with a sotm 200 ultra neo as a streamer,the dac is sanskrit 10th from smsl modified (mainly caps) ,my amp is a lyngdorf tdai 2170 and speakers are Monitor Audio GS20 with Nordost 3m blue heaven cables .i obtained a lot better sound with diy silicon ac cables homemade by a passionate friend of mine.
oelbach stream primus for internet with a tweaked netgear switch with a linear 5v power unit ,the dac and streamer have there own linear supply too all made by the same « current guru »friend . A to micro usb cable are oelbach too. Separate ac line as been a big improvement , nordost qx4 and qb4 with qk1 and Qv2 cleared the sound .Today to improve one more time my system anf the the soundstage i will have the speakers crossovers upgraded entirely ie caps resistors iron coil to air coil binding post and internal connections and cables .If no big improvement i should move to smaller speakers on stands upgraded too ,in fact i foresee more than 5 » woofers(especially 3ways floorstanding)are not always suitable to a 4x3 meters room(13x10ft ).Sound is great ,very precise instuments and vocals give thrills ,total silence between two tracks .i still miss the famous 3D image i dream of .As soon as i found my way ,i will publish.

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back