Increase hight of floor stands!

@Santosh : Thats a neat looking padestal for the FS and the sticker...very creative.
@ Magma: Sorry but I actually could not get how the speakers need to be placed on them.
@Everyone : thanks for flowing in suggestions. Marble / granite slabs is not a feasible solutions as the approximate hight is 12' for adjustment. With the 42" in pipeline the lower centre of the screen is going to be high. It would be way too heavy and might cost high as well. Still I'll check this with the vendors. Solid wood block is good, but typically such a sized block needs to be cut from a log. Timber shops do not store dried logs and hence there are chances that a block from a new log (wet/ contains moisture) would change its shape over time and become undulating for the tower.

Seems closed plywood/mdf box filled with sand and isolators below is a practical, cost effective solution.

Seems closed plywood/mdf box filled with sand and isolators below is a practical, cost effective solution.

one of the best most cost effective, least glamorous solutions... i am doing exactly this for a base for my Garrard 401. The box is now built and will be showcased on my idler thread soon.

Last edited:
one of the best most cost effective, least glamorous solutions... i am doing exactly this for a base for my Garrard 401. The box is now built and will be showcased on my idler thread soon.

Do share the pics and the knowledge. It should be a good guide for me and other as well. :clapping:

Unlike mine, which has a small mid drive and the woofer is pretty low, most of the floor stands hav equal sized mid drive and at times two woofers. I guess this makes the tower 'top heavy' and making tall can be risky for balance. But I fail to understand why things are not simple for twin drive towers.

Any other view?

I have been working on these for 4 days now, intermittently, and I must say it is effort worth spending.
Current status: My towers are matte black so painting the stands in matte black. Should be done by today evening. Searching for metal bush (the ones that are placed under home furniture) which will isolate but not increase the height.

The link to the album:
https://picasaweb.google.com/pupupu...&authkey=Gv1sRgCMvir9Tu8cS4bA&feat=directlink

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! :clapping:

Back