India will ban duty-free import of flat-screen televisions from August 26

You know it.
Beyond reference plasma, Panasonic zt60.
This will be my final tribute to plasmas, its lovers, and Panasonic itself.

Ohh daimn !! So you're finally getting it. Post some pics and review once you get it. Where are you getting it from ? US or Thailand ?

It will be from US Amazon.com. Zt60 is not released in Asia. If all goes well it should cost me little more than 3 lakhs.
I am in the final leg of mustering enough finances. Luckily, my benevolent friend in US said he would pay the cost at Amazon, and I should have money for only for shipping and customs. And I can repay him leisurely.

That's good but what about the standards ? It's 220-230V here and they've 110V. Do you have step-down transformer ? Isn't there any risk if there are power surges or fluctuations ?

So how much are you paying for shipping ? Customs is 30%, right ? Your friend is a stud, lucky you :)

I already have 2000kva converter that I am using for avr sc37. I am also importing monster power 1800 power conditioner. I can't take chance especially when it is regarding the KING.
only anxious about DOA. On the forums I have not seen this issue with zt60 though I see them with VT60.

@Dirac : Is it a direct export from Amazon ? If not if your friend can receive it, perform a burn in test for a day OR 2 and then ship to India .That way he can exchange if the set is DOA . Off-course your friend has to go through some trouble testing, repackaging and shipping . One of my relatives did that b4 getting a LED to India and was able to get a last minute exchange for some manufacturing defect . Another suggestion would be to insure it against breakages if doable . In fact from my personal experience my first LED came in with the screen cracked due to some man-handling while transportation .Thankfully I was able to get a replacement since the dealer was local .

Not trying to scare you . Just some things to look out for :)

@Dirac : Is it a direct export from Amazon ? If not if your friend can receive it, perform a burn in test for a day OR 2 and then ship to India .That way he can exchange if the set is DOA . Off-course your friend has to go through some trouble testing, repackaging and shipping . One of my relatives did that b4 getting a LED to India and was able to get a last minute exchange for some manufacturing defect . Another suggestion would be to insure it against breakages if doable . In fact from my personal experience my first LED came in with the screen cracked due to some man-handling while transportation .Thankfully I was able to get a replacement since the dealer was local .

Not trying to scare you . Just some things to look out for :)

Thank you for the advise.
The courier guy says that a factory sealed piece is more secure than a repacked one, during transit.
Moreover , I did not hear anybody in the zt60 official thread and other forums saying that they received doa piece.
Also the set contains the signature of the engineer who tested it. So I am little confidant here.
I am getting it shipped from amazon to the courier guy warehouse directly.
Amazon is not shipping to to India.

Reliable ? It says "PAYEMENT" on their home page among menus. The people involved (pics given) didn't look that convincing :|

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back