Indian DIY subwoofer build

This is awesome!!! I love the way he has personalized it.. Just checked his other videos, there is already cheeky Steve Job-y seller in him. His pitch (warranty + free replacement of boards etc) is lofty and there is a streak of salesman where educates about speaker protection circuit and how it would do take care of all the problems in life while explaining the features is brilliant !!!
Subscribed to his channel!

Last edited:
ive been seeing his videos since few months .... his passion is great and there are so many local sub woofer makers like him.

But the only issue I was concerned is ..... these guys make subs that sound loud. But I dout their perspective towards accurate bass.
Their designs (box volume, and port sizes) etc are mostly driven by thumb rules, and they wont bother about bracing at all ....

Just out of curiosity, I checked with few people like these, and they can supply a 400W ready to use mono amp for 4K. Don't know the quality.
Another surprising point is, they build a rectangular port inside the box, but they provide round ports outside. I saw this with many local sub makers.

But having said all this, these guys are just awesome !!!
May not be audiopile quality, but surely their subs are working and some people like them too.

Last edited:
I have seen his video many times...He is very passionate ,With his available knowledge ,he is doing a great job ... Appreciate his efforts...

Clearly DIYers in India have lot of skills, but what we lack are the tools and the materials, and also proper training.

Looking at the build and tools in the video below can make a grown man cry - properly
engineered design and use of CNC and other tools allows a mid aged guy to make a beautiful speaker cabinet in
probably a few hours, what would take us
weeks or ages to do here...the sheer number of different glues used is amazing.

Wow..This guy is from a place near my native. Never know these custom builds are still a thing. I remember during my childhood days, where everyone was doing custom stereo setups. Good to know.

Not mine, but stumbled onto this in youtube. Not really sure what design has gone into it, but this guy's passion and build skills show in this video
- pretty well made too (the video)
Try to watch without judging :)
Hi this is my first post ,today i registered to this site ,
I really like what he did, also it is good to make speaker by his own and own satisfaction (not in terms of sound quality) what he did,it may sound good or worse some time because it is not designed like how raw speaker manufacturers do (or branded) with applying science, that gives not actual sound reproduction because of non linearities , not based on driver parameters, atleast resonant frequency vs size, etc.
Making his own speakers and listening himself is notting to worry, but it is not good to sell that equipment to customers because its not designed atleast basic science applying,
I like what he is doing but i HATE* same time he is selling that craps to customers, the reason why i call craps already know this is not actual way of designing speakers etc what he is doing is not really technical way,
Most of people want to buy speakers in home but at the same time they get cheated like these guys who are selling to people, because most people don't know how the speakers are designed in general , i am seeing this typeof videos from couple of years from different channels, they don't know anything technical knowledge about designing, because lack of knowledge, only happening in india, there are 2 types of people in this format type 1 DIYers so many diyers in india have knowledge on how to build speakers amplifiers and how sound systems works but most don't go commercial, type2 these people are the people have interest in audio but they don't know what is the actual sound quality ,how to design or make good quality systems these are the guys belongs to "Radio shop mechanics "(i am not against or blaming i am just telling they don't know anything ) these mechanics think what they bought from market and putting speaker in box or soldering amplifier wires do assembled and finally playing music what they assembled is sound quality and these guys are making youtube channels and these mechanics selling to normal unknown technical knowledge peoples finally gets cheated , i went some of Radio shop assembled amplifier speaker shop they do terrific sound because no crossover only capacitor on HF , cheap drivers, not designed speaker boxes , poor amplifiers connections with high emi wire , etc .
We will appreciate making their own , but they are not selling right ones to people that not correct
Look at some other countries speaker kits or amplifier kits like GR research, CSS, madisound, etc they are selling good stuff.
3k to 5k rupees multimedia speaker sound 100time more better than these assembled speakers by mechanics in india so many ...so many youtube channels like these guys are selling these craps sorry for this word but i have to use to say
I am worrying because people get cheated and misleads by these guys wasting money of 20k-50k or more rupees , not buying a good speakers at that price range
Literally most of mechanics assembled speakers are not designed proper way putting in youtube and selling that,
Atleast these mechanics wouldn't try to learn searching on internet he quoted 40k rupees for this sub without out designing in technical way, for that price sonodyne, taga, polk, yamaha , jbl , etc subwoofer are in market, they will beat interms of sound quality, anything
I am not blaming them personally i am only blame what they selling ,misleading finally cheated by normal buyers who love sound
Thanks to all who read this and my intention.

Last edited:
Not mine, but stumbled onto this in youtube. Not really sure what design has gone into it, but this guy's passion and build skills show in this video
- pretty well made too (the video)
Try to watch without judging :)
I have seen this video in youtube. Clearly has great skills in DIY , while was really impressed, also felt certain things lacking. For ex. the Box size and tuning frequency of the ports and the over all frequency response of the subwoofer and speakers. In addition to that, the fit and finish of the speakers and subwoofer leaves a lot to be desired. That 15 incher is priced as 40,000 Rupees. If only he models the Box after measuring the Speakers, i would definitely consider it. However, for now, one would need to actually listen to it and see how it sounds. If some one has listened to it, please share their inputs.

I have seen this video in youtube. Clearly has great skills in DIY , while was really impressed, also felt certain things lacking. For ex. the Box size and tuning frequency of the ports and the over all frequency response of the subwoofer and speakers. In addition to that, the fit and finish of the speakers and subwoofer leaves a lot to be desired. That 15 incher is priced as 40,000 Rupees. If only he models the Box after measuring the Speakers, i would definitely consider it. However, for now, one would need to actually listen to it and see how it sounds. If some one has listened to it, please share their inputs.
I admire him for the part that he has mastered the business side of it before the craft of tuning. One needs to stay afloat and learn at customer's expense (politically correct term would be to listen to the customers and constantly improve ;-) ) Not everybody is deep pocketed to invest multiple years before diving into commercial venture.

I admire him for the part that he has mastered the business side of it before the craft of tuning. One needs to stay afloat and learn at customer's expense (politically correct term would be to listen to the customers and constantly improve ;-) ) Not everybody is deep pocketed to invest multiple years before diving into commercial venture.

Yes, they will fit the bill for 99.9% of his potential buyers. With audition possible, more critical buyers can also come in to that list.

I have been following this guy for a long time. He started audio setups for cars, tractors, buses, then entered to multichannel with music then applied the same to movies. “He is a great business man” he says proudly that he will only design and delivery on order. He now started his own amps, and he builds speakers starting from magnets and coils. He has developed skills off course by adding damping material into the speaker cabinets and using known AVRs like marantz which will be helpful to cover up all the other issues to some extent. He started building dedicated home theatre rooms, really I have to admit and feel sorry for the people who are paying money for this. And they seem to like it that way, loud sound, overloaded bass.
I really appreciate his knowledge of making amps and matching speakers using standard and proven designs that will not go wrong. He is young and with right skillset and with already acquired knowledge he can done much better. I also appreciate him for making this experience possible to the very remote places.

Thanks @greenhorn for this thread.

He is very professional, and reminds me of good old days at Lajpat Rai Market, Old Delhi where most local brands produced their amplifiers, speakers and trained young hands into making good quality speakers. Their customers mostly needed loud sound, booming bass (even today I find most soundbars offering windows shattering bass), and often fall for the wattage or PMPO.

Then the most costly speaker systems had 5-6 speakers per column, starting from 12", 9" ... and so on. They used amplifier ICs provided by BEL, Toshiba etc but the crossover networks were made locally.

Though I don't understand his language, probably Tamil/Malyalam, his soundbar seems good, though oversized and a bit ugly to be placed under the glossy TV. The only PLUS point being made of wood, compared to metallic+plastic soundbars most companies offer. If I could personally see, 18k does not seem expensive, for an Indian startup.

Thats Siva Audio, Bhavani, Erode.
Though he lacks indepth knowledge about audio tuning, he knows how to create a transformer. He even winds the coil for the transformers himself. He builds speakers from the scratch, speaker boxes, AvReceivers, Subwoofers and what not.
He has come a long way and also learnt a lot. A hardworking person who loves to learn for sure.

This fellow is the poster boy for 'make in india', awesome video. Almost had a heartattack when he took a parting wheel to the PCB :D

Clearly DIYers in India have lot of skills, but what we lack are the tools and the materials, and also proper training.

Looking at the build and tools in the video below can make a grown man cry - properly
engineered design and use of CNC and other tools allows a mid aged guy to make a beautiful speaker cabinet in
probably a few hours, what would take us
weeks or ages to do here...the sheer number of different glues used is amazing.

Here is Albin from Chalakudy Kerala, he has measurement rigs like DATS and UMIK and makes good sounding boxes with a very good finish

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back